1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

tuskegee acceptance

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by Max Power, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Max Power

2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    I know i'm the only one on her who applied, but does anyone know anything...one person said their brother got accepted. thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. HiatusAfflatus

2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    i haven't heard anything about this year, but a vet that i work for that attended tuskegee said that when he applied everyone he knew (including him) got waitlisted and then accepted off of there
    good luck!

4. sms25

sms25 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    My classmate's fiance applied this year and today I asked her if he heard yet. She said they told her they're mailing out letters this week or next week. So you should hear soon. And many of my classmates were accepted from the waitlist, so if you are waitlisted don't despair.

5. Max Power

2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    Yeah...for the last 3 weeks i've heard "this week or next week for sure!" I better not be waitlisted...I'll probably go nuts. We're these people in state/contract or at large?

6. Max Power

2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    and someone on her said their brother got an acceptance letter earlier this week...yeah real fun to f with people regarding their future (or lack thereof)

7. Max Power

2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    BanLVG....did you hear anything yet from tuskegee??

8. BanLVG

2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    MaxPower, haven't heard anything yet re: tuskegee acceptance, but I hope you're source is right about them sending out letter this past friday. I'm dying here. I'll let you know asap, if you will do the same.

9. Max Power

2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    of course!! She told me for the past 3 weeks that they'd send them at the end of the week...but this time she said they were sent...but then again i guess she isn't the most reliable source then!! I think she was more sure that they were sent though.

10. Nexx

Nexx 2 weeks and counting
    5+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    That's just Alabama life for you ;)

When my parents moved to a town just outside Birmingham (20 min outside), they went to the DMV who was still using typewriters to input all the information!! And this was 4 years ago :oops:

11. Max Power

2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    another wvu student got accepted today...i got nothing...wtf?

12. Max Power

2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    im freaking out....she lives probably 3.5 hours away from me...so that could make a difference...should the acceptances/rejections come at the same time i hope??

13. Max Power

2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    BanLVG, get anything?? I still didn't today...do they tell you if you're not accepted??

14. BanLVG

2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    Nadda. How do you know about the other student at WVU? I don't see why they wouldn't tell you if you're not accepted. Ohmmmmmmmm....Ohmmmmmm.....patience.....

15. Max Power

2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    she's in my service dog training class...she lives a little farther south than my hometown so who knows...to me that only can make up a day difference..I can't see why they'd send acceptances at a different time than acceptances...where are you from again?? I'm a contract student.

16. Max Power

2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    still nothing...that's very rude to send one to someone in my class without at least sending me a rejection so i'm not running around speculating.

17. Max Power

2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    just so you know i called and they told me everything was mailed friday....so who knows

18. BanLVG

2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    hey maxpower, thanks for letting me know about your call. If they sent it out friday, it should be here soon. I'd rather know one way or the other than not at all. I'm from NYC. out of state for Tuskegee (not even sure if they keep an seperate list). Did you apply to Ohio, isn't WVU a contract state for them? Patience... Ohmmmm... Patience.....

19. Max Power

2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    nah didn't apply there....50K a year for the same education as everywhere else....don't think so....in Columbus weather mind you. They're a little too pretentious for me ;) I figured it was the hardest to get into out of UGA and tuskegee so if i got in there i'd probably get into all 3 and i wouldn't choose OSU anyway...but then again most of the WV students didn't wanna go there so i could have had a chance!! only 2/5 took the acceptance and a lot of alternates i believe didn't take their offer either. We're a contract but WV is still a good 11 hours a way. I think they keep in-state/contract seperate from out of state...but i was told everything was sent by friday....tuskegee is notorious for problems like these

20. Max Power

2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    still nothing....i really don't know what to do here....they're telling me everything was sent....i can't believe I would spend the time going down there to interview without even the courtesy of a rejection letter...this is my future here

21. Max Power

2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    Have you tried to call them?

22. alldolledup

2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    Hi MaxPower....I wasn't sure if you had already received your acceptance letter from Tuskegee yet, but I was also curious to see if I had been accepted/rejected, so I wanted to tell you what Dr. Webster (head of admissions this year) told me.

Dr. Webster had said that although alot of acceptances were sent out on the 20th of April, there have been no rejections as of yet. (I wasn't sure if he was referring to WV contract applicants or to the whole application pool.) In addition, he also said that waitlist letters went out the 23rd and 24th, and that the office of admissions has not finished deciding on who else they want to offer admission to. Finally, he said that the final list of acceptances for class of 2011 should be sent out next week.

23. Max Power

2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    wow...I wish they would have just told me that...they just told me everything was sent out. That kind of upsets me, the girl who got in didn't even take the required biochem lab. Nice...I wish I would have known to just not take more challenging classes