Tutor or Emergency Tech

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gossip_girl_xoxo

Study while others sleep
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Help me.

I'm a sophomore right now. I volunteer on the weekends at a free clinic. For an actual job should I tutor at like Kumon and stuff or work as an emergency tech? The tutoring job pays way more. If I worked as a Emergency tech, does it count as clinical?

Members don't see this ad.

EMT looks better

Yes, emergency tech will count as clinical experience. Emergency tech is a great experience from what I have heard from peers, although I have never actually worked as one. However, many emergency tech positions will require some kind of certification, i.e. CNA or EMT. Do you have the time to gain these qualifications? Tutoring is a great part time gig, as it pays well and it provides a flexible schedule. It may also help you review for the MCAT if you tutor biology or another prereq. However, tutoring will not count as clinical experience. I think I am going to go for patient companion personally, as it provides lots of patient exposure, while still allowing time for studying. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I've been working as an ED tech for the past few years..if you're looking for some great clinical experience, then go for it! :)