Tutor

Started by Dr.J.D
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dr.J.D

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Kind of a dumb question, but should I get a tutor for Math, Chemistry, and Bio?
Will this boost my grades in school? Its a crap load of money; 100/hr per subject, so I want to know I should get one. I'm good at all my other classes.
 
Whoa 100/hr is way too much. Most (college) private tutors get 25-30/hr. Are you paying a company?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Whoa 100/hr is way too much. Most (college) private tutors get 25-30/hr. Are you paying a company?

Yeah $100/hr is obscene. I tutored chemistry and math while I was in high school for $15-20/hr, professional tutors could get up to around 50 sometimes but they better be sharing some brilliant insights to get up to 100.
 
Whoa 100/hr is way too much. Most (college) private tutors get 25-30/hr. Are you paying a company?
Yeah $100/hr is obscene. I tutored chemistry and math while I was in high school for $15-20/hr, professional tutors could get up to around 50 sometimes but they better be sharing some brilliant insights to get up to 100.
Yea I'm paying a company. That's probably why. But then should I get an individual tutor, and where can I find them?