error

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Caffeine Matters

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
error

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: 3 users
Wow, not even bothering to tweet that he should discharge your loans completely? Why do you hate healthcare workers?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
giphy.gif

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
don't understand this asking for loan forgiveness or 0% interest rates for healthcare workers only.
All of us are going to medical school or nursing school or whatever other school for our own selfish reasons. We know the tuition and interest rates before joining.
100% support asking for hazard pay during covid times for HCW taking care of COVID patients.
Not even sure if all healthcare workers are seeing covid patients.
outside of covid times, we are just doing our job like every other profession.
Even from a long-term perspective, this just allows govt to slash reimbursement because they gave us some relief with loans. (edit: this is not my main point. Just saying this might be an unintended consequence)

Last edited:
don't understand this asking for loan forgiveness or 0% interest rates for healthcare workers only.
All of us are going to medical school or nursing school or whatever other school for our own selfish reasons. We know the tuition and interest rates before joining.
100% support asking for hazard pay during covid times for HCW taking care of COVID patients.
Even from a long-term perspective, this just allows govt to slash reimbursement because they gave us some relief with loans.
This would all be a good point if the govt didnt plan on slashing reimbursement anyway.

This would all be a good point if the govt didnt plan on slashing reimbursement anyway.
But that's not my main point. Reimbursement might or might not get cut due to this. Most likely will but my main point is everything written above that.

But that's not my main point. Reimbursement might or might not get cut due to this. Most likely will but my main point is everything written above that.
the only downside you noted in your post was the possibility of reimbursement getting cut. I would say in a world where costs are out of control and unsustainable healthcare reimbursement will be cut. So the bad outcome you have said is already going to happen it doesnt really hurt to ask to reduce our interest rates to lessen the blow to us.

Your main point is just as pointless. Large organizations knew risks of being overleveraged and they somehow are ok to get bailouts but god forbid individuals get some student debt relief. Heck even ayn rand collected social security benefits.

the only downside you noted in your post was the possibility of reimbursement getting cut. I would say in a world where costs are out of control and unsustainable healthcare reimbursement will be cut. So the bad outcome you have said is already going to happen it doesnt really hurt to ask to reduce our interest rates to lessen the blow to us.

Your main point is just as pointless. Large organizations knew risks of being overleveraged and they somehow are ok to get bailouts but god forbid individuals get some student debt relief. Heck even ayn rand collected social security benefits.

I just stated reimbursement cuts as a potential downside. If you think reimbursement will be cut anyway regardless of this that's okay. But that is not my main point.

So you want student debt relief for everyone. I don't support that either, but definitely don't support student debt relief just for HCW. We are not doing anything special outside of COVID times. Even during COVID times, not all HCW workers are in the frontline. The frontline workers should get hazard pay.

Last edited:
I just stated reimbursement cuts as a potential downside. If you think reimbursement will be cut anyway regardless of this that's okay. But that is not my point.

So you want student debt relief for everyone. I don't support that either, but definitely don't support student debt relief just for HCW. We are not doing anything special outside of COVID times. Even during COVID times, not all HCW workers are in the frontline. The frontline workers should get hazard pay.
You have a philosophical problem with student loan relief. I particularly don’t find that philosophy very convincing .
sure student loan relief for everyone would be great.

Even from a long-term perspective, this just allows govt to slash reimbursement because they gave us some relief with loans. (edit: this is not my main point. Just saying this might be an unintended consequence)

?

Last edited:
Philosophically, you are correct. Everyone, - especially front line workers - should have relief.
The point is this. The interest rates are zero until October. There is currently sympathy for health care workers. The most important point is that for too long, healthcare workers have been abused by the rising financial corruption in hospitals and medical school education costs. Physicians are getting screwed. Now is the time to put aside political ideology and strive for some relief because of the rising out of control student loan mess.

I mean there is the public service forgiveness if you want to work in certain jobs that benefit the community and in turn get your loan waived.
A whole sweeping legislation of student debt relief for all HCW even when many of us didn't take care of COVID patients directly doesn't make any sense. We earn more than enough to pay back our loans that we knowingly took.
But regarding your point about 0% interest rates, if this continues, it should for all professions (if there is the thinking that people can't afford interest during a pandemic), not just for HCW.
I get your point about HCW workers being screwed and there are many things that I would support like fighting against surprise billing legislation or physicians not being allowed to own hospitals or the ridiculous regulations or increasing wages for residents or mid-level encroachment. If we really have sympathy and government is really going to listen to us during this time (doubt it), we should fight for these things.

Philosophically, you are correct. Everyone, - especially front line workers - should have relief.
The point is this. The interest rates are zero until October. There is currently sympathy for health care workers. The most important point is that for too long, healthcare workers have been abused by the rising financial corruption in hospitals and medical school education costs. Physicians are getting screwed. Now is the time to put aside political ideology and strive for some relief because of the rising out of control student loan mess.
You OK with the notion of getting 0% interest on loans IF you agree to never turn away Medicare patients? Thought about this idea in the shower this AM

I have yet to see a single thread where people agree on something. Even simple things get bipolar input with some philosophy thrown in. smh.