Twitter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
…and follows up with another sidestep!!! I couldn’t make this up

Lol, I think you're confusing me not considering you a serious interlocutor worth further responding to with me having any hesitation about sharing my voting choices. As far back as November 2020 I already stated that Biden was close to the bottom of my dem list but I couldn't bring myself to do a write-in or vote third-party cause of how insanely destructive Floridaman would've been for the country.

Members don't see this ad.

Last I checked, your reply said the convo was going nowhere followed by a "Don't care" and a "Who are you arguing with or talking to? Bc you keep acting like I care."
I straight up said I don’t care about putting trump in jail or saying he is bad. You resort to childish attacks on trump like it hurts me/others. Again I don’t care. It just makes me think that it would hurt you if someone attack your fanboy politician so that’s why you think it would hurt others
when presented with (a fraction of) your favorite prez's various misdeeds.
You also have a nasty habit of putting words in peoples mouth. I think you do it intentionally to be rude. Bc I said 50 times that I don’t like trump and then you say he is my fav. Whatever. You’re an obvious troll.
Essentially confirming that you never really had any interest in the evidence of his and his company's laughably obvious financial malfeasance. And then I said that was fine, at least you were dropping the charade, and moved on.
Another misrepresentation. I literally said put him in jail if there is evidence. I just recommended that you give people their due process. You seem to want to skip the trial and go directly to jail.
And as far as being selective, let's look at the things I mentioned in this post which you never addressed:

"Which, to reiterate, is that almost everyone who voted for him did so in part because he was supposedly a "good businessman." He wasn't. Trump claimed he was paying millions of dollars of taxes when he was first running. He wasn't. He stated he couldn't release his taxes because they were under audit. He could. He implied he and his companies were only utilizing legal means of tax minimization. They weren't. He implied that there weren't any major conflicts of interests, foreign or domestic, stemming from the fact that he and his children didn't divest themselves of their business while working for the taxpayer in the WH. Of course there were.​

Out of that laundry list of lies, you selectively replied to just the part about he and his company's tax minimization being legal, and then when told that not even that part was true (given that Weisselberg is going to jail and trump has a big pending suit against him), you got all huffy with a case of the I don't cares. Which honestly makes your whole dramatic production with cries of hypocrisy about selective replying pretty hilarious.
No. I said I didn’t care about trump going to jail if there was evidence or his people. You are prone to overstate your case and I would bet you swallowed the Russian collusion hook, line and sinker. I don’t argue with people that make outrageous claims that are a wait and see scenario. I just state “if they have/find the evidence then I don’t care if they prosecute. Again, you constantly confabulate and to put it plainly lie. You make any good points you have null and void bc you act like a clown.

I already stated that Biden was close to the bottom of my dem list but I couldn't bring myself to do a write-in or vote third-party cause of how insanely destructive Floridaman would've been for the country.
So you suggested I waste my vote on third party but you won’t do the same. Again, such a blatant hypocrite. Open your eyes to your own hypocrisy. I wish I could say I made you look like an idiot in your last several posts but you did it to yourself.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I straight up said I don’t care about putting trump in jail or saying he is bad. You resort to childish attacks on trump like it hurts me/others. Again I don’t care. It just makes me think that it would hurt you if someone attack your fanboy politician so that’s why you think it would hurt others

You also have a nasty habit of putting words in peoples mouth. I think you do it intentionally to be rude. Bc I said 50 times that I don’t like trump and then you say he is my fav. Whatever. You’re an obvious troll.

Another misrepresentation. I literally said put him in jail if there is evidence. I just recommended that you give people their due process. You seem to want to skip the trial and go directly to jail.

No. I said I didn’t care about trump going to jail if there was evidence or his people. You are prone to overstate your case and I would bet you swallowed the Russian collusion hook, line and sinker. I don’t argue with people that make outrageous claims that are a wait and see scenario. I just state “if they have/find the evidence then I don’t care if they prosecute. Again, you constantly confabulate and to put it plainly lie. You make any good points you have null and void bc you act like a clown.

Listen man, there's literally no convincing someone like you who is this deep in the cult of trump apologia and minimization. It's just not possible no matter what evidence you see. But it's just so bizarre to me that you don't realize that when you say "No. don’t know who he [Weisselberg] is. Don’t care." or when you imply that you don't care about the myriad lies or apparent corruption, it makes you look cartoonishly biased/partisan and supremely unreasonable. And I don't think you're fooling anyone either with your throwaway lines about how you don't care about putting him in jail. Maybe that's just something you started saying (after voting for him twice) now that he's out of office.

I mean, just look at what you wrote that got this whole stupid back and forth started:

It was pretty obvious that Trump didn’t pay much taxes those years (or others). He was obviously hiding and embarrassed or he would’ve released them. I don’t get the “gotcha” moment bc it was all legal and tell me which of us would pay more if we didn’t have to. The gotcha moment is how he talked about women on a hot mic. Pretty despicable.​

When you wrote the bolded, were you really thinking that the base of maga voters believed that? Or that it was a satisfactory explanation for not following the decades long tradition of presidential candidates releasing their returns? Like. trump is on tape saying he payed millions of dollars in taxes in 2015, and the second to top reason people voted for him in Gallup was because he was supposedly a "good businessman" Ultimately, someone is only capable of writing revisionist nonsense apologia like that only if they're so deep in some maga media bubble that they're unaware (or probably in your case, just plain unwilling) to understand the facts about all the lies and corruption you never addressed in your selectively replying to the list here.

So you suggested I waste my vote on third party but you won’t do the same. Again, such a blatant hypocrite. Open your eyes to your own hypocrisy. I wish I could say I made you look like an idiot in your last several posts but you did it to yourself.

Also, my hats off to the media bubble that convinced millions of gullible people through repeated, deceitful catastrophizing that any dem running against trump was just as bad as him. Truly, it will be studied for decades as one of the most effective cases of false "both sides"ism in American history.

Of course I'm partisan so you wouldn't listen to me, but as I said to blade, I know not voting for trump was the right thing even for conservatives to do when center or center-right people like @pgg and @VA Hopeful Dr , who probably had some policy wishes which would've benefited from a trump term, chose to vote third party for the good of the country.

As far as who's the idiot, I think whoever who vote for this guy twice has gotta be high in the running

1672715852779.png

If their paths never cross then that is fine. But if she would have the possibility of ruling on him that would be a definite issue

If Fauci conducted a human clinical trial at the NIH Clinical Center, I’m sure their paths might cross. But I thought he was more of a lab guy.

Edit: just read Fauci was still treating patients at the NIH Clinical Center until last month.

Last edited:
From Heather Cox Richardson's post:

After the riot of January 6, Trump advisor Hope Hicks exchanged horrified texts with Julie Radford, Ivanka Trump’s chief of staff, bemoaning that the Trump family was now “royally f*cked.” “In one day, he ended every future opportunity that doesn’t include speaking engagements at the local proud boy’s chapter,” Hicks wrote, “And all of us that didn’t have jobs lined up will be perpetually unemployed…. I’m so mad and upset. We all look like domestic terrorists now.” “Not being dramatic, but we are all f*cked,” she wrote.

Conservative Atlantic columnist Tom Nichols tweeted: “Their concern for the Constitution they swore to uphold is so touching.”

Sorry, I don't know where else to put this and I'm not starting another political thread in our forum. I just couldn't help but laugh and feel a little sadness at how far the US presidency had fallen toward the end of the Trump era.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
If you had told me I'd consistently run into AOC talking points ad nauseum from doctors on this forum, I wouldn't have believed you. Some of you have great patience and I applaud you for that. Keep fighting the good fight.

For those that don't know, Perry was one of the guys along with Eastman who thought it was a totally legal big brain genius idea for the Penn. legislature to throw out all the legally designated electors in the state and just pick their own trumpy ones instead.

Also, lol, Kevin McCarthy's speaker attempt will forever be the quintessential example of "you reap what you sow"

Reactions: 1 users
From Heather Cox Richardson's post:

After the riot of January 6, Trump advisor Hope Hicks exchanged horrified texts with Julie Radford, Ivanka Trump’s chief of staff, bemoaning that the Trump family was now “royally f*cked.” “In one day, he ended every future opportunity that doesn’t include speaking engagements at the local proud boy’s chapter,” Hicks wrote, “And all of us that didn’t have jobs lined up will be perpetually unemployed…. I’m so mad and upset. We all look like domestic terrorists now.” “Not being dramatic, but we are all f*cked,” she wrote.

Conservative Atlantic columnist Tom Nichols tweeted: “Their concern for the Constitution they swore to uphold is so touching.”

Sorry, I don't know where else to put this and I'm not starting another political thread in our forum. I just couldn't help but laugh and feel a little sadness at how far the US presidency had fallen toward the end of the Trump era.
I feel like anyone associated with Trump could have easily saved face and been employable had they immediately distanced themselves after Jan 6. It didn’t seem like very many did however.

For those that don't know, Perry was one of the guys along with Eastman who thought it was a totally legal big brain genius idea for the Penn. legislature to throw out all the legally designated electors in the state and just pick their own trumpy ones instead.

Also, lol, Kevin McCarthy's speaker attempt will forever be the quintessential example of "you reap what you sow"

It’s weird roger stone thinks 18 votes is an ass-kicking. I wonder what term he would have used had Jeffries won by 100 votes? Would he have said that Jeffries wiped the floor with Mcarthy’s butt had he won by only 2 votes?

Members don't see this ad :)
It’s weird roger stone thinks 18 votes is an ass-kicking. I wonder what term he would have used had Jeffries won by 100 votes? Would he have said that Jeffries wiped the floor with Mcarthy’s butt had he won by only 2 votes?
I don't think the "18" number in isolation is what the ass kicking is referring to. More the fact that this is the first time in 100 years that the vote went to multiple rounds, the number of "no's" on Kevin has been going in the wrong direction, and the fact that they finished day 1 without a decision.

What do you make of Liz Cheney?
Well as I’ve said, I suspect most politicians - if not all - are self serving.

However, she seems principled to me. She has made decisions at great personal and professional cost but seems like she did them because she believed they were right.

For me, I’d vote for a person who was 100% against my political views if I believed they were struggling and working to their best to do what they felt was the right thing to do, before voting for someone who seemed to agree with my views but was the bitch-monkey to money and lobbyists.

Last edited:

They should adjourn, negotiate some back room deals, and come back in February.

This seems appropriate for this thread.

View attachment 364215
That is a demonstrably false statement e.g. the "discussion" I had with an old Army buddy who didn't believe that gravity pulled us towards the earth. Point being that people have a lot of stupid ****ing opinions and it is ok to be angry at that.

Just when you think the GOP can’t embarrass themselves more. I’m trying to understand the rationale here, can someone help me figure out the strategy?

I feel like anyone associated with Trump could have easily saved face and been employable had they immediately distanced themselves after Jan 6. It didn’t seem like very many did however.
Which one of those many you refer to, associated with President Trump's administration, are unemployable?

Meanwhile Gaetz votes for Trump to be house speaker. Even he knows it’s a joke.

Lmao, everyone thought it was a done deal and then at the last second Gaetz voted present which made Kevin lose by 1 vote.

And then Mike Rogers of Alabama came for Gaetz and had to be physically restrained

• Haha
That is a demonstrably false statement e.g. the "discussion" I had with an old Army buddy who didn't believe that gravity pulled us towards the earth. Point being that people have a lot of stupid ****ing opinions and it is ok to be angry at that.
I disagree.

Why is it good, or even healthy for you (or someone) to get angry at someone’s bad idea - especially when you know for a fact it is a bad idea?

It doesn’t change anything. People’s opinions are just that - opinions. They mean nothing and affects nothing.

Lmao, everyone thought it was a done deal and then at the last second Gaetz voted present which made Kevin lose by 1 vote.

And then Mike Rogers of Alabama came for Gaetz and had to be physically restrained

Jerry Springer moment. I feel like there’s a lot more coming.

Jerry Springer moment. I feel like there’s a lot more coming.
Back in the day, politicians at least pretended to be serious and worked. We all knew there was corruption and a lot of shenanigans, but this era is an entirely new level of shame and embarrassment.

I just keep thinking about how I’m being forced to pay these people.

I disagree.

Why is it good, or even healthy for you (or someone) to get angry at someone’s bad idea - especially when you know for a fact it is a bad idea?

It doesn’t change anything. People’s opinions are just that - opinions. They mean nothing and affects nothing.
I partially agree. It definitely isn't good or healthy to get so involved in someone's opinions that it makes one angry, but you can't deny that it is a natural reaction that occurs when one engages in discourse with people who hold such strong and arrogantly dumb beliefs. (and I'm not calling anyone out here on SDN), but why do you think I don't engage so much on SDN or really ANY online forums?

It is very upsetting.

An element of fascims is combining/controlling government, media, and corporations and uses forcible suppression of the opposition.

It is also considered a far-right wing thing, yet this element of fascism was coming from the left.

It is very upsetting.

An element of fascims is combining/controlling government, media, and corporations and uses forcible suppression of the opposition.

It is also considered a far-right wing thing, yet this element of fascism was coming from the left.

I’m not listening to click-bait stuff from a comedian but tell me what specifically is fascism from that video. Give me a concrete example of government control and suppression of the opposition by the left!

I just went to the source Missouri Attorney General Releases More Documents Exposing White House's Social Media Censorship Scheme

Pretty weak evidence of government suppression of the opposition in my opinion but you do you.

Last edited:
I’m not listening to click-bait stuff from a comedian but tell me what specifically is fascism from that video. Give me a concrete example of government control and suppression of the opposition by the left!

I just went to the source Missouri Attorney General Releases More Documents Exposing White House's Social Media Censorship Scheme

Pretty weak evidence of government suppression of the opposition in my opinion but you do you.
Oh you should listen. It’s pretty interesting - and since he is a comedian, it’s pretty funny too! When do you get that - Informative and funny ?

I tried to listen to it but couldn’t get past the 1st minute. To be honest, he was never really funny to me and the only thing I remember about him was that he was married to Katy Perry.

• Haha
I tried to listen to it but couldn’t get past the 1st minute. To be honest, he was never really funny to me and the only thing I remember about him was that he was married to Katy Perry.
Agreed, with the exception of his part as Aldous Snow in Sarah Marshall. That was masterful.

Reactions: 4 users

We still enjoying the libs freaking out over Elon or is maybe there a modicum of reality to the concern that his Twitter antics have not been to the betterment of the platform or free speech in general?

I personally don't use it but I know a lot of people who do. Rolling out a feature to promote only himself and overrun people's feeds to make sure you pay him the attention he deserves has to be a huge turn off even for his most ardent supporters right?

We still enjoying the libs freaking out over Elon or is maybe there a modicum of reality to the concern that his Twitter antics have not been to the betterment of the platform or free speech in general?

I personally don't use it but I know a lot of people who do. Rolling out a feature to promote only himself and overrun people's feeds to make sure you pay him the attention he deserves has to be a huge turn off even for his most ardent supporters right?
I saw this headline and said to myself, "I'm not surprised. Sounds like what I would expect from a rich billionaire who likes attention." I would bet it is true but do wonder how they got that information. Did Elon leak it or someone else? Doesn't matter to me though bc it is what I would expect from him and it his right as owner even though I don't think he should do it.

I assume you/most will agree that the other stories were more concerning. Those stories being the ones saying how the government/politicians were prompting which tweets to silence. Those seemed more scary to me that it was the government overstepping its role and influencing a private company. Maybe it is bc I am reading 1984 right now for the first time. Kind of surreal to read that book with some of the stuff that currently goes on that seems ripped right from the pages.

I guess your question was not really to me bc I am not an ardent supporter. He seems to be like most people, he has good and bad things. I will support his good things and hope he fixes his faults. I will give as much grace as I would appreciate when I mess up.

Would be great if the forums on studentdoctor could be modified to hide a thread like you can on Facebook or Twitter.

Would be great if the forums on studentdoctor could be modified to hide a thread like you can on Facebook or Twitter.
That’s a great idea. Maybe with that technology we could also shadow ban any conservative viewpoints, like you can on Facebook and Twitter

That’s a great idea. Maybe with that technology we could also shadow ban any conservative viewpoints, like you can on Facebook and Twitter
You might have misunderstood my request. Maybe not. I'm asking to just hide entire threads at my discretion in order to make viewing more efficient. Not an automated filtering mechanism, but instead a manual, "not interested in this thread,' button. This thread for example. I don't care what anyone thinks about Musk, or Twitter. So hiding threads of no interest to me is useful. Same thing with fellowship topics, and comparing jobs, and . . .. I'm only here for the anesthesiology doctor stuff. Hence my hope for a manual hide a thread feature. Would also love a delete my post feature too.