two acceptances

Started by umlielln
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

umlielln

New Member
10+ Year Member
I am currently holding two D.O. acceptances. I am pretty sure which school I want to go to, but is there a deadline? I know for AMCAS it's May 15.
 
I don't think there is an official deadline, most DO schools want large periodic deposits that is when most people drop the schools they are not going to attend.
 
Oh thank you! I really appreciate your answer. What happened is that I sent in the deposit for my second choice school then got accepted to my first choice school and sent the deposit as well. Now I'm vacillating between the two, just hoping someone could tell me if/if not there's a deadline.
 
Well I called them today and they said "I don't know but it sounds like you need to make a decision!" I guess I'll just suck it up and decide.
 
Why does it matter what the deadline is, or if there even is one? You already said that one school is your "first choice", and you got into it. Sounds like you already made the choice. 😛