two courses in one session?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NYCBlues

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! Please advise me if you had been through this. Thanks!

I am planning to take two classes (bio I and orgo I) in one session this summer. My advisor has advised me against taking both of them at the same time. For those of you who have taken two courses concurrently, do you think it's a good idea?

I am a bio major and I have taken upper level bio courses. I screwed up in my freshman yr and got a D in general bio I, but I have gotten decent grades in the upper level courses. Therefore I think I can handle the general bio course without any problem. But still, do you think it's a good idea to take both since I heard orgo is pretty hard.

Members don't see this ad.

you are going to die this summer!!!!!! do you realize that classes are every single day for 2 hours plus the accompanying 3 hour lab each day for each respective class.

bad idea my friend,
remember you're not taking classes to fulfill your pre-reqs only...

you want to learn the concepts b/c you'll see them again on the OAT!!

you'll regret cutting corners

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it?s not that bad if that if that?s the only thing you?ll be doing this summer. It may seem tough, but it?s not really impossible :) .

Yeah..organic chem is pretty hard.. but if you have a good memory and can memorize all those mechanisms..then u'll do fine ( hmm.btw.. I dunno if it's the same in Canada and US..)