Two fafsa's?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joker937

UCLA SOD 2021
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I'm a bit confused right now. I am starting dental school in Fall 2017, and I filed my FAFSA in December 2016. Now I hear there is a new one that opened January 2017? Should we be filing TWO? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If you filed for the 17-18 academic year then you're good.

Reactions: 1 user

Unless you made less money last year than 2015 it might be worth doing the new one haha

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
Unless you made less money last year than 2015 it might be worth doing the new one haha

Didn't FAFSA change their policy? 2015 is used for 17-18. It's now a year prior instead of the current year.

Reactions: 3 users

What @Rekker said.

From what I understand and did, you input the tax information from 2015 for the 2017-2018 year. Doesn't matter what you earned in 2016.

Didn't FAFSA change their policy? 2015 is used for 17-18. It's now a year prior instead of the current year.

Oh maybe I know it was in October didnt check for now

There is no "new" FAFSA as of 1/2017. The 2017-18 FAFSA opened in October 2016 and is based entirely on 2015 income information. This year is different than past cycles.