Two Kentucky schools offering fast-track pharmacy degree

Started by khaki
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No added value here except that you graduate with a useless B.S degree and probably an additional 20-30k extra in debt. Only advantage I see here is if you decide to go back to medical school where some programs require a bachelors degree (ie LECOM).
 
No added value here except that you graduate with a useless B.S degree and probably an additional 20-30k extra in debt. Only advantage I see here is if you decide to go back to medical school where some programs require a bachelors degree (ie LECOM).
Thats true
 
No added value here except that you graduate with a useless B.S degree and probably an additional 20-30k extra in debt. Only advantage I see here is if you decide to go back to medical school where some programs require a bachelors degree (ie LECOM).
Can't sub the PharmD for the bachelors requirement?
 
What other doctorate program allows admission without a bachelors degree?

Most professional programs seem to have some ways for people to get around needing a bachelors. I've heard of some medical programs that will admit 3rd year bachelor's students if they have all their pre-reqs done (but they usually also have to be exceptional).

I do think pharmacy should require a BS or at least 3 years minimum of undergrad work. To be honest I don't see how you could do all the pre-reqs in 1 year. Do you take Gen chem and organic at the same time? I wish AACP would try to prevent stuff like this from happening. Schools did away with the BS.Pharm to require the PharmD as a "clinical doctorate" and now some programs are pretty much trying to water down a PharmD. I don't see how you can do it in 5 years even with full summers, especially if their pre-reqs are anything beyond freshman level courses and you need those as pre-reqs to take higher level classes like orgo, biochem, microbiology, etc. 5 years is far far far too short, heck in my opinion 6 and 7 are too short too.
 
Last edited:
And what's even worse...
198409305_jerbs_82331276051.png
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad