Two labs required...or 8 credits?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chrisj1982

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My physics I class was 5 credits (2 credit lab). My final pre-req is physics II which I will take this fall. Do I need to take the lab for physics II (also 2 credits), or will my 3 credits of just lecture be enough to satsify pre-reqs?

Members don't see this ad.

It's common to require a full year of physics with lab. You should take the lab to keep your options open.

Are these semester credits or are these quarter/trimester credits? Usually a 2 semester credit lab is sufficient for the pre-reqs, but that's usually when that 2 credit lab covers material from both Physics 1 and Physics 2. If you have a pre-med/pre-health advisor or office at your school, I'd go there and ask them.

Obviously, if you take Physics 2 with the lab, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are these semester credits or are these quarter/trimester credits? Usually a 2 semester credit lab is sufficient for the pre-reqs, but that's usually when that 2 credit lab covers material from both Physics 1 and Physics 2. If you have a pre-med/pre-health advisor or office at your school, I'd go there and ask them.

Obviously, if you take Physics 2 with the lab, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

These were semester credit hours.

I'm thinking about taking the physics II lab just because its such an easy boost to the grade (our lab and lecture are one grade).

For Ochem my school has 1st semester without lab then lab 2nd semester. I'm sure schools accommodate, but I would take the lab if its offered to be safe.

I've seen people make it in with just 1 lab that's 2 units, but as others say, it would be safest just to take both labs. I don't know about your school, but at my school the lab was a joke.

Doesn't AACOMAS handle this? Under the prereq section of the application?