Two PAT questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TechKUSA

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just two PAT questions? Can someone explain teh foldable ruler for angle ranking. Ive read references to it, but cant find a thread on it in archives.

Also, for the cube counting, are all of you guys using the barron's method. while its accurate, i find that it can be a bit time consuming.

Members don't see this ad.

the foldable ruler trick is just folding a piece of paper into an arbitrary angle (like 45 degrees or something) and then holding up the paper to each angle to get a better idea of the differences between each angle.

i actually like the barons idea of counting out each block ahead of time. i'd rather analyze each block just once and have a list of sides for each block ahead of time and i can answer each question one by one. while it seems to be time consuming, its better than having to reanalyze each block again for every question. just do it once the first time and you can just go through the rest of the questions with ease

themarvinh said:
he explains it pretty good here, http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=214885
its at the bottom
I have been stressing about the angles big time since i am taking the DAT 8/15 and i didn't know what to do. I just used this trick and I may have messed myself since this works like a charm. I am so glad I saw this before the 15th.

ASU-devil said:
I have been stressing about the angles big time since i am taking the DAT 8/15 and i didn't know what to do. I just used this trick and I may have messed myself since this works like a charm. I am so glad I saw this before the 15th.
Hmm, I tried that trick. Either I am folding the last two pieces into triangles weird or is the triangles too bulky.