Two Questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Quixotic

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there questions on the real test that ask for pathological descriptions of breast cancers and thyroid cancers. For instance, what would one expect to see upon microscopic exam?

Next, the reason the scores go up near the end of QBank is because they ask many of the same questions over using the same vingettes. Although the question won't be exactly the same, is may be an off shoot. For instance I have had the same vingettes and answer choice for two questions with the following answer choices:
1) t(9;22)
2) c-myc
3) t(8;14)
4) bcl-2
5) bcr-abl

Now, the first time I got this wrong I learned that t(9;22) is associated with bcr-abl and t(8;14) is associated with c-myc therefore the only plausible choice is bcl-2.

Members don't see this ad.

Quixotic said:
Now, the first time I got this wrong I learned that t(9;22) is associated with bcr-abl and t(8;14) is associated with c-myc therefore the only plausible choice is bcl-2.

Important point bolded.

As for the first part, I could see a microscopic path description of a CA, especially a thyroid CA. Always nice to know the buzzwords re: description of CA (onion-skinning, colloid-filled follicles, AFP production, etc.)