Two rejections in one day... why RWJMS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NYyanx28

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got rejected from both Columbia and RWJ pre-interview. Expected for Columbia, but I can't really say the same for RWJ. I got interviewed at both NYU and AECOM, anyone have any idea why I would be rejected from RWJ? Not a big deal, just more curious than anything. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

do you or not have a cell phone? give them a call for shizzle!

i think it has to do w/the fact that Rwj was really slow in processing applications b/c of the cutbacks in hours, especially the premed offices at Rutgers...i was complete in septemeber and didnt receive an invite until 2wks ago...i emailed and called a few times, and after the 3/4th point of contact, they notified me that my application was complete (this was in january :eek: ) ..i think u should definitely find out what happened w/your app.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got rejected from both Columbia and RWJ pre-interview. Expected for Columbia, but I can't really say the same for RWJ. I got interviewed at both NYU and AECOM, anyone have any idea why I would be rejected from RWJ? Not a big deal, just more curious than anything. Thanks.

Judging from your profile, I'm going to venture to guess that it has to do with your lack of being an NJ resident.

Edit: But if it makes you feel better, a few years ago I knew a girl that got into NYU med though she later dropped out. This same person didn't get into a single state school here in Fl. though she was a resident. At least you have the lack of being an NJ resident to show for as a possible reason why you didn't get in there.

Out of curiousity, why are you so sad about this loss of a chance when you've got so many interviews and quite a few acceptances? Just curious.

RWJ draws back a lot of its jerseyians which went to ivy league and stellar private UG schools out of state but want an in-state tuition for med school... therefore they typically have a very competitive applicant pool of home grown talent- I'd imagine its similar for the UCal schools or any other relatively affluent state with a history of producing tons and tons of bright kids. Who cares though. You're going to be a doctor.

I was really disappointed with RWJ too. Although I did eventually get accepted, they took FOREVER with everything. They were my first choice going into the application cycle, I went to the summer open house, sent my secondary fee in in august, and called several times to check on the status of my application. I didn't get an interview until late january, and then the acceptance was to the Camden campus only with an option of being put on the New Brunswick waiting list. Also, when Dr. T called in late feb, she said she had never heard of my under grad (yes it's a small school, but you don't have to remind me :( ) and asked if this was my first acceptance. I just generally felt under appreciated by RWJ, especially when other schools seemed to be much more interested in me (even other state's state schools, sheesh). So OP, don't be discouraged by the RWJ rejection, they are slow and weird and you wouldn't have wanted to go there anyway ;)

I got the rejection letter from RWJMS yesterday too.