I know the topic can seem absurd, but I am looking for information on the topic of 2 residencies. Can anyone more informed than I answer some/all of the following questions:
- Is it extremely uncommon for physicians to be board-certified in two specialties after two separate residencies?
- What types of specialties are typically paired together in this regard?
- Does anyone know of examples of either:
- an integrated IM (or FP or EM) and surgery residency
- physicians who have completed both an IM (or FP or EM) and surgery residency?
- Aside from time and money, what are the main deterrents from pursuing two residencies?