two roads diverged in yellow wood...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Glitch1221

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all you non-trads out there,

I have a long story, like all of you, that I will not bore you with. I do, however, want to know what y'all think of my dilemma. I can either transfer my existing credits to SFSU (san francisco state univ.) or Cal (Univ of CA - Berkeley) to finish my undergraduate work. On the surface it strikes you as an easy choice, I know.

Do D.O. schools look for someone attending a school like Cal, where you can get easily lost in the crowd, or for someone who can stand out at a state school like SFSU. Needless to say, Cal is also at least $10k more a year!

I was curious as to whether or not anyone out there has run into a similar situation.

😕???

I am going to post this on the pre-DO forum as well (sorry if it is misplaced)
 
and I, I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.
 
I'm sorry that I don't know the answer to your question, but your title made me think of the variation my fellow nontrad friend and I put on the poem:

Two roads diverged in a wood and I--
I took the one less traveled by...

And then I found out why.

🙂

Best of luck to you!:luck:
 
Good ol' Frosty....love that guy

So I spoke with a recruiter from the med school I am interested in and she explained to me that i should go to the school where I thought I could stand out and build the best story. She explained that the grades and test scores are a must but the way in which i arrived at such was equally important, in the case of a non-trad. At SFSU i will be able to minor in Holistic Health, volunteer in China where they put both eastern and western principles to good use, recieve a science teaching certificate that I can use while I am waiting to hear back from my med school of choice, and finally I will have the privelege of becoming very close to my profs with the small class size. Thanks for the response....def a more introspective question.

Hope all of you are doing well and on your way to becoming productive parts of the medical community.

- Glitch1221

"those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" - Voltaire