Two Weeks!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Avery07

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So it just dawned on me.. we have less than 14 days remaining!

Am I the only one who doesn't sleep at night anymore? :xf:

Members don't see this ad.

I am certainly having a hard time sleeping at night!

:thumbdown:scared::thumbup:

:p

I've been in "don't care mode".... I've worked hard in my post-bacc, I think I did good in my interviews, the rest is totally up to them from this point forward.

I actually sleep very well, I don't even think about it. I guess I will be checking my email more than ones on dec 1st, other than that, nothing else I can do.

Members don't see this ad :)
There was also another countdown made by someone on another forum (I'm not taking credit for this, I'm just guilty of having it bookmarked :laugh:)...the one posted above with the total amount in seconds seems a little daunting and nerve wracking lol

http://www.bored.com/makecountdowns/show.php?id=224124

Nice.. I like that one better.. although I wish it were a few hours faster.

On a different note, how many times a day/week do you all get asked about your hopeful pending acceptances? This last week has been bad for me; at least 3 separate people a day.

Dialogue as follows: I'm sure all of you can relate to this--enjoy!

Friend: So have you been accepted to dental school yet?

Me: Nope.

Friend: Oh, when should you find out?

Me: Uhh.. ehrm.. December 1st.

Friend: Wow, that's really soon.

Me: Sort of. I guess it's like 13 days and 2.5 hours away.. or... so I've heard.

Friend: Haha, so you must be excited?

Me: Excited? Yeah.. perhaps. Just don't forget to add nauseated, hysterical, distressed, agitated, fatigued, eager, apprehensive, paranoid, jittery, and fearfully enthusiastic.

Friend: Oh, I'm sure you'll be fine. Let me know how it turns out!

Me: Well.. if I'm accepted.. I'm fairly certain I'll make so much noise the whole country will know.. and I will not utter the other words but you know.. if you don't hear from me.. don't come looking.

Friend: Haha alright, don't worry too much about it.

Inner Monologue: Worry? Is she serious? I had almost gone a full day without realizing the biggest day of my life is less than two weeks away! Gah.. so much for accomplishing anything today. --neurotic thoughts to follow--

People keep telling me I'll get in (honestly, how do they know? Ok, they don't, let's be real)... but I constantly am worried I wont and the more I listen to them, the more I feel I get my hopes up. Only having 1 interview so far is stressful. Hoping GREAT news comes Dec. 1 :xf: But I definitely don't lose any sleep over it, in fact I have really stopped coming to SDN or checking my AADSAS and email incessantly. It's been too quiet for too long. Good luck people and I wish everyone the best!

How about December 1st is my birthday? Best birthday present(s) ever?

Nice.. I like that one better.. although I wish it were a few hours faster.

On a different note, how many times a day/week do you all get asked about your hopeful pending acceptances? This last week has been bad for me; at least 3 separate people a day.

Dialogue as follows: I'm sure all of you can relate to this--enjoy!

Friend: So have you been accepted to dental school yet?

Me: Nope.

Friend: Oh, when should you find out?

Me: Uhh.. ehrm.. December 1st.

Friend: Wow, that's really soon.

Me: Sort of. I guess it's like 13 days and 2.5 hours away.. or... so I've heard.

Friend: Haha, so you must be excited?

Me: Excited? Yeah.. perhaps. Just don't forget to add nauseated, hysterical, distressed, agitated, fatigued, eager, apprehensive, paranoid, jittery, and fearfully enthusiastic.

Friend: Oh, I'm sure you'll be fine. Let me know how it turns out!

Me: Well.. if I'm accepted.. I'm fairly certain I'll make so much noise the whole country will know.. and I will not utter the other words but you know.. if you don't hear from me.. don't come looking.

Friend: Haha alright, don't worry too much about it.

Inner Monologue: Worry? Is she serious? I had almost gone a full day without realizing the biggest day of my life is less than two weeks away! Gah.. so much for accomplishing anything today. --neurotic thoughts to follow--

I can totally relate to this!!!

People keep telling me I'll get in (honestly, how do they know? Ok, they don't, let's be real)... but I constantly am worried I wont and the more I listen to them, the more I feel I get my hopes up. Only having 1 interview so far is stressful. Hoping GREAT news comes Dec. 1 :xf: But I definitely don't lose any sleep over it, in fact I have really stopped coming to SDN or checking my AADSAS and email incessantly. It's been too quiet for too long. Good luck people and I wish everyone the best!

I feel the same way! I get so anxious not knowing if I'll get in anywhere. Having everyone tell me I'll get in somewhere somehow makes it even more nerve wracking. If everyone thinks (or at least says) I'll get in somewhere and I don't, what does that mean??? It's driving me crazy. Just hoping for the best. Good luck everyone!!! Two more weeks!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)

:thumbup:

This is exactly what's happening to me, and this is how I feel!

I'm trying not to give myself false hopes! :scared:

I sleep very well and stopped thinking about it altogether hahahaha. Lookin' forward to the Potter movie though!

Quick question! Does AADSAS update itself with regards to acceptance/rejection exactly at midnight for the the few schools that are listed on there? Or is it a "schools will decide when they feel like updating it" type of situation?

Sleeping in til 5 makes the days go faster.

Sleeping in til 5 makes the days go faster.

:thumbup:

I made the bored.com countdown but realized after that I should have had it end at 8am EST. Like someone above me, I don't really think about Dec 1 too often. I'm a non-traditional applicant and have done so much to get into dental school over the last couple years that I feel like I've done all I can and at this point, it's best to just let the chips fall where they may. Focus on doing well in your interviews but other than that, worrying won't do you any good. Good luck everyone!

I regret finishing up all the final projects and assignments already. I wanted to lessen the stress by not procastinating. I guess I was wrong. Now, I literally have nothing to concetrate or work on until December 1st with Thanksgiving next week.

make christmas cookies and mail me some and I will have my husband judge them to see who makes the best cookies winner gets a gold star :D

About 8 days left! :eek: :scared:

I know this week is going to fly by because my job is getting really busy, and it's a holiday weekend! :xf:

By the way, don't some schools notify applicants Nov. 30th night?

Last edited:
ZOMG! I am stoked for December 1st! All it takes is one acceptance! Just one! :xf::smuggrin::xf:

Not gonna lie, I'm SO excited/nervous for Dec 1st, but I'm trying not to "countdown" per se, because this is the date schools CAN start sending out acceptances. I've only had a few say that they would call/update AADSAS exactly on that day, some are sending letters.. etc. Even if the schools submits the update to AADSAS, it's up to AADSAS to post it, so if they want/are really busy (which they likely will be on that day), the update might not show up until late afternoon on that day... don't lose sleep over this or stay up until 8AM, because news may not come until later in the day or later in the week. Which is also encouraging if you don't hear right away.. because good news could still be coming! :thumbup:

About 8 days left! :eek: :scared:

I know this week is going to fly by because my job is getting really busy, and it's a holiday weekend! :xf:

By the way, don't some schools notify applicants Nov. 30th night?

I believe Marquette starts making phone calls on Nov. 30th....

Dec. 1 may be the time to renew the Rx for your favorite hypnotic.

I believe Marquette starts making phone calls on Nov. 30th....

Can they? I thought there was some sort of agreement between the schools that they wouldn't do anything until Dec 1. I could be wrong, but that's what I've heard..

Can they? I thought there was some sort of agreement between the schools that they wouldn't do anything until Dec 1. I could be wrong, but that's what I've heard..

Historically, it seems like some schools send out acceptance notices on Nov. 30th (evening) despite the Dec. 1st rule.

:rolleyes:

Can't believe Dec 1st is one week from this Wednesday! Exciting and nerve wracking all at once. Plus, I've got exams to focus on that week too...blah. Man, the admissions office at UNLV is gonna be so busy on Dec 1st...they encourage interviewees to call and find out if they're in! Good luck everyone! :luck::xf:

Can't believe Dec 1st is one week from this Wednesday! Exciting and nerve wracking all at once. Plus, I've got exams to focus on that week too...blah. Man, the admissions office at UNLV is gonna be so busy on Dec 1st...they encourage interviewees to call and find out if they're in! Good luck everyone! :luck::xf:

is that the only way we can find out? they arent sending out emails or anything?

is that the only way we can find out? they arent sending out emails or anything?

Not sure. The lady in admissions didn't give any details during the interview day. She just said that they encourage us to call.

Same here :scared:

Well Good luck to everyone :)

btw

so before 8:00 am they are going to have both acceptance and rejections emails ready and when its exactly 8:00 am, they are going to click on send? lol :scared: lol :laugh::laugh:

btw

so before 8:00 am they are going to have both acceptance and rejections emails ready and when its exactly 8:00 am, they are going to click on send? lol :scared: lol :laugh::laugh:

something like that..
All the schools do it differently. Depending on the school, you might find out late on November 30th via phone call (small chance), at midnight via email (good chance):), by email/ phone call throughout the day on the 1st, or by snail mail a few days later!!
Where did you interview at?

I keep trying to put it out of my head so I don't feel all panicky, but every time I log in there's a thread like "3 weeks left!" or "2 weeks!"

You guys are not good for my mental health.

OMG you guys, I wasn't even thinking about dec 1st UNTIL I STARTED READING EVERYONES POSTS

DAMN IT :bang:

something like that..
All the schools do it differently. Depending on the school, you might find out late on November 30th via phone call (small chance), at midnight via email (good chance):), by email/ phone call throughout the day on the 1st, or by snail mail a few days later!!
Where did you interview at?

Houston and San Antonio

:scared:

Please, please, please!

I hope to hear from my top school (s) Dec. 1, 2, 3....

Waiting is so hard! :laugh:

Only about a week left! :eek:

Is anyone going to make a C/O 2015 thread? :idea:

:scared:

Please, please, please!

I hope to hear from my top school (s) Dec. 1, 2, 3....

Waiting is so hard! :laugh:

Only about a week left! :eek:

Is anyone going to make a C/O 2015 thread? :idea:
soon enough !!

does anyone know when/how umdnj does notifications??

just downloaded gadget for windows 7 for countdown clock :scared: its staring at me now :scared: whenever I enter my room