TX application system

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Angel_Eyes

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How much of the same is the TX application in comparison to amcas? I want to apply to UT southwestern and houston but I'm almost done with my amcas crap...I mean...application and it's soo long!! anyhow....how much would it cost to apply to two schools on the tx system? also, I am applying to baylor on amcas are they still on the tx system too?
thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Most of it is the same...they want to know some basic bio info about you, your parents but they also ask some crazy stuff you probably forgotten about like your class rank in High School.
They also ask a lot about Texas Residency and even if you are not a resident they like to know if you have a TX drivers license, bank account etc.

Most of the rest is really the same coursework a personal essay type question "In your own words, explain your motivation to seek a career in MEDICINE. Discuss your philosophy of the medical profession and indicate your goals relevant to the profession. (Limited to 62 lines and 80 characters per line)"

there are a few differences however
1. a big difference is that the space for you post-secondary experiences is a text box instead a set of blanks

2 there is an "optional" question: Briefly discuss any unique circumstances or life experiences that are relevant to your application which have not previously been presented.
(Limited to 30 lines and 80 characters per line)

3. They also ask how you financed your education, something that only those applying for disadvantaged status see on the AMCAS

it's a little more work than the AMCAS but it does have it's advantages (you send your LORs to the service and they forward them on to the schools

as of cost
for residents it's 55.00 for one school and ten dollars for each additional school

for nonresidents it's 100.00 for one school and ten dollars for each additional

I guess that means that you would spend 110.00 for your two schools.

if you want more info you can always head over to <a href="http://www.utsystem.edu/tmdsas/" target="_blank">Texas App</a> and look around

almost forgot to mention: Baylor is an AMCAS type school