TX Resident applying through AMCAS

Started by slickyT24
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

slickyT24

slickyT24
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello All,

I am a TX resident and a re-applicant. However, last year I only applied through the TMDSAS application service to the Texas schools. My question is regarding my status with AMCAS. Would I be considered a re-applicant because I have applied to medical schools before? My personal statement and a few of my essays I used for TMDSSAS and for AMCAS partly reflect how I am a re-applicant, what I've learned from the experience, etc. Should I change up my personal statement so I am viewed as a "new" applicant?

Also, what are my chances for AMCAS schools with a 3.75 GPA and a 26 MCAT with decent EC's?

All suggestions and opinions are welcome. Thank you.