Other Type 2 Diabetes and Heart Failure

Started by Lawpy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Some useful figures:

picture 193254.jpg


picture 193405.jpg
 
Wasn't sure where to post this info. There's a recent scientific statement regarding the association between Type 2 diabetes and heart failure.


Curious in particular to hear inputs from @Raryn @IMreshopeful @Instatewaiter

I more or less concur that I don't see any particular questions. It's a common comorbid condition. I glanced through the article but didn't read every word - I guess I'd just point out the summary of the data is that different glucose lowering agents are better for heart failure. SGLT2i (invokana, jardiance, farxiga, steglatro) for example have phenomenal evidence for improved heart failure outcomes in particular and that's something they mentioned.

Use more: metformin, SGLT2i, GLP1a
Use less: TZD, SU, DPP4i
Be cautious with: insulin

But honestly, that's the practice pattern I have in general terms. Except maybe I'm using more TZDs in patients without heart failure.