Types of Job for a New Grad

Started by Firik
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Firik

Connection is the Key!
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I want to have a better idea of the job opportunities for a dentist. As someone thinking about what is next after school, I want to get a better idea of what kind of jobs I can apply.
As I understand there is a practice owner, associateship, and corporate dentist. Someone in an associateship can be an employee or an independent contractor. You can also apply for an associateship in corporate dentistry as well as a practice owner. To sum up possible types of practice:

a) Practice owner
b) Associate in a private office as an independent contractor (associateship)
c) Associate in a private office as an employee
d) Associate in a corporate organization as an employee

Do I understand this right? Are there more job opportunities out there?
Thank you for clarifying!