Types of Practices

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nvega13

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone please clarify the difference between commercial and corporate practice? Also, would Lenscrafters and Walmart be considered the same mode of practice?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

nvega13 said:
Can someone please clarify the difference between commercial and corporate practice?

None

nvega13 said:
Also, would Lenscrafters and Walmart be considered the same mode of practice?

Yes

How many people on here run their own practices (excluding walmart practices)?? How many patients do you see a day? Is it just you, or do you work with another OD? -- Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hines302 said:
How many people on here run their own practices (excluding walmart practices)?? How many patients do you see a day? Is it just you, or do you work with another OD? -- Thanks
I own my private practice. I see patients 4 days a week and I have an associate that sees patients 2 days a week. On average we see about 25 patients a day. Of those, usually 15 are full exams, 4 are contact lens evals, and the other 6 are either post-ops or pathology visits.

I don't own my own office... but, depending on which office I'm in I see anywhere from 16-20 FULL exams per day.

CPW,

I know you are a recent grad... and I was just wondering if it was hard to find work in private practice after graduation. Can you describe a little bit more about the different offices you work in? Do they do mostly optical sales? Are they group practices? Do you want to have your own practice one day?

Sorry for all the questions... I am just very curious. I want to have a good idea what the market looks like is all because I would love to open my own practice one day! Thanks for your time :)

i was actually wondering the same thing, CPW! if you could explain a little about how you got started, etc... that would be GREAT! thanks! :thumbup:

Hines302 said:
CPW,

I know you are a recent grad... and I was just wondering if it was hard to find work in private practice after graduation. Can you describe a little bit more about the different offices you work in? Do they do mostly optical sales? Are they group practices? Do you want to have your own practice one day?

Sorry for all the questions... I am just very curious. I want to have a good idea what the market looks like is all because I would love to open my own practice one day! Thanks for your time :)