• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Types of Practices

About the Ads

Ben Chudner

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2005
Rochester, NY
  1. Optometrist
    Hines302 said:
    How many people on here run their own practices (excluding walmart practices)?? How many patients do you see a day? Is it just you, or do you work with another OD? -- Thanks
    I own my private practice. I see patients 4 days a week and I have an associate that sees patients 2 days a week. On average we see about 25 patients a day. Of those, usually 15 are full exams, 4 are contact lens evals, and the other 6 are either post-ops or pathology visits.

Hines302

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Sep 12, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    1. Optometry Student
      CPW,

I know you are a recent grad... and I was just wondering if it was hard to find work in private practice after graduation. Can you describe a little bit more about the different offices you work in? Do they do mostly optical sales? Are they group practices? Do you want to have your own practice one day?

Sorry for all the questions... I am just very curious. I want to have a good idea what the market looks like is all because I would love to open my own practice one day! Thanks for your time :)

ariel winter

10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Sep 28, 2005
        i was actually wondering the same thing, CPW! if you could explain a little about how you got started, etc... that would be GREAT! thanks! :thumbup:

Hines302 said:
        CPW,

I know you are a recent grad... and I was just wondering if it was hard to find work in private practice after graduation. Can you describe a little bit more about the different offices you work in? Do they do mostly optical sales? Are they group practices? Do you want to have your own practice one day?

Sorry for all the questions... I am just very curious. I want to have a good idea what the market looks like is all because I would love to open my own practice one day! Thanks for your time :)

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.