Typical day?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BTR1208

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Curious for you pod students what a typical day might be...

If you could tell your year, shool and then what you do in a typical day. From wake up to bed.

Thanks so much!!!

Members don't see this ad.

1st and 2nd year: There are lectures, some go and some don't go. Some people study all day and others study a few hours. Some classes have small groups and large groups. I personally never went to lectures unless it was mandatory and just watched recorded lectures at 2x speed.

I'm a 3rd year now and it depends on what rotation you are on, but you wake up go to clinic/OR and then go home. Pod school doesn't have shelf exams.

1st and 2nd year: There are lectures, some go and some don't go. Some people study all day and others study a few hours. Some classes have small groups and large groups. I personally never went to lectures unless it was mandatory and just watched recorded lectures at 2x speed.

I'm a 3rd year now and it depends on what rotation you are on, but you wake up go to clinic/OR and then go home. Pod school doesn't have shelf exams.

Awesome thanks for the insight! Which school are you at if you don't mind me asking.

Members don't see this ad :)
sounds like kent state

Reactions: 1 user
Awesome thanks for the insight! Which school are you at if you don't mind me asking.

I'm pretty sure every single podiatry school is exactly like this or something extremely similar. Western.

I feel like you can't say what a typical day is like as a student. It seems like every semester is a little different and maybe a little easier or a little harder depending on what classes you're taking. Of course the harder semesters require that you stay at the school or at the library or go home and study for a longer amount of time. Every clinical rotation is a little bit different depending on where you need to travel to and the type of service you are providing.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I feel like you can't say what a typical day is like as a student. It seems like every semester is a little different and maybe a little easier or a little harder depending on what classes you're taking. Of course the harder semesters require that you stay at the school or at the library or go home and study for a longer amount of time. Every clinical rotation is a little bit different depending on where you need to travel to and the type of service you are providing.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Appreciate the response. That being said... Would you say you have at least a little time to spend with significant other, exercise, etc?

Thanks!!

Appreciate the response. That being said... Would you say you have at least a little time to spend with significant other, exercise, etc?

Thanks!!
Totally. The first few months are pretty hectic because you are trying to get a hang of the best study habits but after that it is very easy to make time for things other than school.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else? What's an average day for you?