Typical Schedule at Columbia?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JulianCrane

The Power of Intention
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is a typical schedule for Columbia first years? Do you guys have ample time to have fun and is it a stressful environment? Is the instruction pure lecture or is there some mix of small-group/PBL stuff in there?

Members don't see this ad.

Plenty of time for fun...nice big blocks of exams allow slack time...
and lecture schedule allow us to miss whatever class we want. I am one of the people who prefers to learn on my own as opposed to going to class...but class first year is like 9 or 10 to 12, then I think about 3 afternoons a week are filled up from about 1 to 4 or 5ish.
It's not as bad as it may look on paper. B/c in reality, you don't HAVE to go to every class and labs are usually out by 4 instead of 5... There are some small group sections, but that mainly becomes part of second year curriculum.
I'm down at midtown probably 4 times a week. First year I was down there a decent amount as well. PM me if you want a copy of second year schedule...and I think BEZ2 or something on here is a first year here at columbia...

I sometimes suck at being helpful with semi-vague questions...but hopefully someone else will come show you the light...