TexasGuy41

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2002
Houston, TX
Status
Is anyone else finding it VERY difficult to find a typewriter? And I'm not good at using them so it always looks crappy. Is anyone just printing neatly? Does it even matter?

lola

Bovine Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2002
california
Visit site
Status
i handwrote a couple of apps. a lot of people here will tell you don't do it. i felt like finishing them rather than sitting on them so decided to do them neatly in pen. i handwrote every college and grad school app and had no problem with it. med school's a bit different b/c there are so many applicants, but i am willing to take my chances.

About the Ads

Sweet Tea

Girl Next Door
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2002
Travelling via handbasket
Status
Attending Physician
i handwrote. i think it's fine. do a search on this topic if you want to see a debate that shows just how anal med school applicants can be (myself included). :D

Ninjaboy

Taneuma
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2002
www.espn.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I think it's personal preference. I don't think one is better than the other and both seem to lead to interviews, acceptances, etc. There is potential for both type and handwritten secondaries to look either nice or terrible. So I say do what you want.

kam730

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2002
Visit site
Status
Obviously it's personal preference as already pointed out, but just for the record, I hand-wrote all of my applications (except those that were submitted online). So far, I don't feel I am at any disadvantage, as I have received 5 interviews out of 7 secondaries. Of course, I dont know yet whether these will result in acceptances, but I will keep ya posted!! Anyway, regardless of what some will say, my experience shows that hand-writing is acceptable. Hope that helps!

CaNEM

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2002
Status
This topic is back again?!

samyjay

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2002
IL
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
I HANDWROTE, and STAPLED my picture on the Georgetown application (save the essay which i was able to attach) and got an interview (i dont know if that means much)

randomlogik

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 22, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Status
I handwrote the addresses on the envelope although i typed the applications. i bet THATS why i havent gotten any interviews yet. :laugh:
secretary: "well, this envelope is handwritten...sending it unopened to the rejection pile." :laugh: :laugh: :p

lola

Bovine Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2002
california
Visit site
Status
i hear they only let people in who use american flag stamps. is this just a rumor? i thought for sure my breast cancer stamps would at least get me an interview.

SMW

Grand Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2001
anchorage, ak
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by randomlogik
I handwrote the addresses on the envelope although i typed the applications. i bet THATS why i havent gotten any interviews yet.
:eek: omigod, you handwrote the addresses!!:eek: What were you thinking? :confused:

lola, in order to increase one's odds in this crap-shootish process, one should use both an American flag stamp and the breast cancer stamp!! and preferably with the American flag coverng up the breast in question!! Sheesh, I hope you don't have to reapply because of this!! :rolleyes:

DW

Fix me some sandwiches
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2002
A stone's throw from Central Park
Status
Medical Student
guys, we've already hammered out the issues with stamps. please read this thread and you will find all the information you need :p

SMW

Grand Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2001
anchorage, ak
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by DW
guys, we've already hammered out the issues with stamps. please read this thread and you will find all the information you need :p
Sorry, DW, that thread only addressed the issue of stamp orientation and placement on the envelope, salivary DNA, and foreign versus domestic stamps. The issue of which domestic stamp or combination of stamps to use is still very much alive!!:rolleyes:

About the Ads