typo in a supplementary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ellen22

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I just realized that I put in the wrong date for one of the questions in my supplementary application to a few schools. In the section asking what you're planning on doing if you're not in school for the 2002-2003 academic year, I wrote that I was working full-time and that I'd be taking an an advanced biology class in the fall of 2003. (clearly meant to be 2002). I read that paragraph over like ten times before I sent them and must have had a brain glitch or something, cuz I never caught it until today. How bad do you guys think that looks to the admissions people? Do you think I should send in something that points out the mistake and corrects it to 2002, or leave it alone and hope they overlook it?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry abut it. And welcome to SDN!!:)

I had a couple of typos on my AMCAS application - in the coursework section if you can believe that (I can be such a screw-up sometimes :( ). I wrote to each school, and everyone seems cool with it. I'm getting secondaries from screening schoolsso it can't be too big of a deal.

In your case I would probably let it go. Some schools don't like additional correspondance, and many probably won't even notice the error.

My $0.02