• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Site Updates Coming Soon

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Typo in Primary....FML

Dr. Scribe

2+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2014
  1. Medical Student
Just noticed an obvious typo in my primary...

Instead of writing that a paper was "submitted for publication".....I wrote that the paper was "submitted for application"

Can't believe I didn't notice this while proof-reading....can any adcoms weigh-in on how they would perceive something like this?

Really angry at myself atm lol I realize I can't do anything about it now, I'm just curious about what y'all think

Upvote 0

ServiceFirst

MS1
2+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2017
  1. Medical Student
It's helpful to get external readers that can help you find mistakes like this in the future.

For now:
1) Nothing you can do to change it.
2) In the grand scheme of things, as long as the context is there, it should be understood as a "publication."

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
About the Ads

Dr. Scribe

2+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2014
  1. Medical Student
It's helpful to get external readers that can help you find mistakes like this in the future.

For now:
2) In the grand scheme of things, as long as the context is there, it should be understood as a "publication."

For now:

I actually had my brother read it before I submitted lol. I probably should've had more people than just him look it over. Thanks for the input

Upvote 0

Another Second Opinion

2+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2017
  1. Attending Physician
I think in this auto spell check/correction atmosphere, we've all posted/printed/texted/emailed something with the wrong word. Not that it happened in your case, but just that it happens all the time. Maybe it'll go unnoticed anyway, maybe a few will spot it and point it out to others, oh well, nothing you can do now, probably not a big deal. Good luck!

Upvote 0

DBC03

2+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2016
North Carolina
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
This is why I never reread anything I submit. (At least not before an II).

THIS. Also, you have one thing on your side: adcoms will be so glazed over from reading so many other applications that they might not notice. I'm sure one or two might, but the words are somewhat similar and it might just slip by.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
About the Ads
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.