Typo in Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YouEverHadOurSausages?

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This may come off as neurotic, but how detrimental is a single typo in a secondary essay? I always review my responses several times but somehow I skipped over the fact that I wrote "week" instead of "weak". Do adcoms generally accept the fact that mistakes happen and a typo is not that big of a deal, or do they view it as a sign of carelessness? Thank you for your responses, even if they include a prescription for xanax.

Members don't see this ad.

I had a few typos in some secondaries, I was pretty paranoid too but I ended up with interviews at some of those schools. It might just depend on the people reading your secondaries, luck of the draw

Even though I went through my secondaries extensively, I also had several small errors. I ended up getting four interview offers and was accepted everywhere I interviewed. So while it's always best to limit errors, it should not sink your application in most cases.

I spelled the first word of a secondary wrong and ultimately got accepted to the school. One error is excusable.