TYPOS!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

premedprincess26

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I turned in my application already, but I have come across a few typos. It has only been a few days, so I was wondering if I could withdraw and fix those then submit again.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Committee member 1: "Unbelievable, he typed embarras with one s"
Committee member 2: "What an imbecile! Blacklist his 4$$"
Sounds ludicrous? I don't know, you tell me.
English is my third language and I have made several devastating typos that I just noticed today.

1. Allowed make connection..... Should if been "allowed me to make connections"
2. Observing as she lead 6 AM rounds..... Should if been "observing as she led 6 AM rounds"

I have mentioned serval times that I leaned to read and write in English when I came to the US in the 8th grade.....But still no excuses for mistakes like this.
What should I do.
 
I turned in my application already, but I have come across a few typos. It has only been a few days, so I was wondering if I could withdraw and fix those then submit again.
LMAO!!! Had to comment. I freaked out because one of my first secondaries I sent had a few typos and my last sentence was literally cut in half for some reason. II a week later....

Youre fine
 
This is why I didn't look at my AMCAS or secondaries once I submitted them due to the fear that I will find a typo or some other mistake. Knowing how neurotic I already am, the last thing I need is to be stressing about one more thing that has the possibility of negatively affecting my application. For me, this is a case where ignorance is bliss.😛
 
English is my third language and I have made several devastating typos that I just noticed today.

1. Allowed make connection..... Should if been "allowed me to make connections"
2. Observing as she lead 6 AM rounds..... Should if been "observing as she led 6 AM rounds"

I have mentioned serval times that I leaned to read and write in English when I came to the US in the 8th grade.....But still no excuses for mistakes like this.
What should I do.
You do nothing. Focus on secondary essays and try not to repeat the mistakes.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad