TYPOS!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedprincess26

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I turned in my application already, but I have come across a few typos. It has only been a few days, so I was wondering if I could withdraw and fix those then submit again.

Members don't see this ad.

No. If you withdraw your application, you won't be able to re-submit this year. A few typos shouldn't be a problem.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing good can come from looking through your application after you've already submitted. For everyone else, don't do it.

Reactions: 1 users
I turned in my application already, but I have come across a few typos. It has only been a few days, so I was wondering if I could withdraw and fix those then submit again.

I had several typos in my secondaries and personal statements. I still ended up with 11 interviews and 5 MD acceptances. You'll be fine.

I was looking through my app and also found some typos :( I called a carotid endarterectomy a cardiac endarterectomy, and I called this non-profit I worked at an "NGO" when it is actually a 501c3.
Exactly nobody will care about that.

Committee member 1: "Unbelievable, he typed embarras with one s"
Committee member 2: "What an imbecile! Blacklist his 4$$"
Sounds ludicrous? I don't know, you tell me.

Committee member 1: "Unbelievable, he typed embarras with one s"
Committee member 2: "What an imbecile! Blacklist his 4$$"
Sounds ludicrous? I don't know, you tell me.
English is my third language and I have made several devastating typos that I just noticed today.

1. Allowed make connection..... Should if been "allowed me to make connections"
2. Observing as she lead 6 AM rounds..... Should if been "observing as she led 6 AM rounds"

I have mentioned serval times that I leaned to read and write in English when I came to the US in the 8th grade.....But still no excuses for mistakes like this.
What should I do.

LMAO!!! Had to comment. I freaked out because one of my first secondaries I sent had a few typos and my last sentence was literally cut in half for some reason. II a week later....

Youre fine

This is why I didn't look at my AMCAS or secondaries once I submitted them due to the fear that I will find a typo or some other mistake. Knowing how neurotic I already am, the last thing I need is to be stressing about one more thing that has the possibility of negatively affecting my application. For me, this is a case where ignorance is bliss.:p

English is my third language and I have made several devastating typos that I just noticed today.

1. Allowed make connection..... Should if been "allowed me to make connections"
2. Observing as she lead 6 AM rounds..... Should if been "observing as she led 6 AM rounds"

I have mentioned serval times that I leaned to read and write in English when I came to the US in the 8th grade.....But still no excuses for mistakes like this.
What should I do.
You do nothing. Focus on secondary essays and try not to repeat the mistakes.

2) rushing to submit an application with carefully proofreading can lead these issue

That was an unfortunate couple typos.