U. Cincinnati and Out of Staters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RizKhan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey folks
what is the scoop on U. Cincinnati accepting out of state students?? how many spots do they compete for and what are the chances if u are granted an interview, Mine is upcoming on March 12th and I really want to get in this schoool
alll info appreciated
also rumor has it the class is filled already

Members don't see this ad.

Last year's stats said they interviewed about 10% of their out of state applicants, and accepted around half of those interviewed. Who knows about this year though... I interviewed in January and am currently on hold (read, purgatory :p )
Keep your fingers crossed!

I can't give you specific numbers, but I can tell you that your chances are better this year than previously. When I interviewed in Dec. (I'm out of state too), they said that the Ohio state schools have been given permission this year to accept more out of staters, since in-state applicants have dropped like 30% over the last 5 years. I'd say if you are granted an interview, your chances are at least decent at getting accepted.

So go out there and kick butt on your interview! Good luck!

Oh, and I have no idea about the class being filled already.

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm an out of stater and was surprised to get an interview there too. my interview is in mid march also and i'am trying to learn a bit more about the school. If their class is filled, then we are interviewing for waitlist spots right?

I interviewed in December, and was put on hold. As far as the class being filled, I don't think that means for sure that you would only be interviewing for a waitlist spot. I think if you are a stellar applicant, they will accept you no matter what. When I was there, they even said that they "over-accept" when the class is full.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by WSUreds:
•The class is filled.•••••How do you know the class is filled?? There will always be people who get accepted and turn down the offer. Also, I don't think they'd still be interviewing if the class was full!! Good luck to those of you still waiting for news.

WSU do you know this for a fact? If the class is filled are you suggesting that they are no longer accepting?

Anyways regarding the % of out of staters they accept I calculated that they accept approximately 65% using the stats on US News and World Report. I figured that they interviewed approximately 128 out of staters last year and accepted 83. So your chances I assume are pretty decent.

I know for a fact that the class is filled and are interviewing for waitlist spots. But you might be accepted outright as people decide not to come to UC. That being said from their stats they gave to us at the interview, 76% of this year's incoming class are residents of Ohio, not 65%. In 2000, it was 80% and in 1999 84%. This does show hope for out of staters as the percentages decrease. Take it for what you like. But as of right now, they have accepted enough to fill their class. Plain and simple.

WSU, I called the admissions office today and they informed me they still are offering acceptances and the class is NOT FILLED. they have offered enough acceptances to fill 2/3 of the class but are going to send out the final 1/3 in the next month or two.

RizKahn-
I interviewed there on Dec 14 and accepted a month later. I am from Utah and the school was fantastic. If it helps any the MSAR from last year stats: 2,497 applicants, 168 interviewed, 26 matriculate.

My stats are: 3.5 (3.35sci), 9/10/10/S, lots of EC's.

My interview was a bit heavy on the ethics etc, but just do your homework and you'll be okay. :D

Also, when I was there the Dean said that they normally accept around 2 people for every spot, since many people choose to go elseware.

Hope this helps!

Im fairly sure their class is filled. I called atleast 4 times since being put on hold, and got the same response...."we have no more seats to offer at the current time and are therefore on a holding pattern, meaning if seats open, admission will be offered, otherwise not".

A friend of mine received an acceptance around the beginning of this month (took about 6-7 weeks for him to get the letter)...it's been about 4.5 weeks for me...I should hear in 2-3 weeks, right?

Hope it isn't true... Considering they're supposedly "a month behind" it would be pretty disheartening if they really are full. Do they mean they've given the 2 offers per seat already, or just the 1 offer per seat?

Btw, has anyone else heard anything? Resident Alien/WSUreds say one thing, but nray says another, yet all 3 say they heard it from the admissions office (or close enough).

Yeah, the class is filled. I know for sure. And I don't get my information from the admissions secretary. Just to let you know.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by WSUreds:
•Yeah, the class is filled. I know for sure. And I don't get my information from the admissions secretary. Just to let you know.•••••So the 300 odd offers have been made then?

WSU
They accepted 418 people last year, so when you are saying the class is filled are you saying all these acceptances have been given or are you saying the number of spots in a typical class of 150 are filled?

I am saying the 160 odd spots have filled, no way have they given out over 400.