U-Houston housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmEm

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend some places around the med center. I'm still not sure what I want, an apt or condo so please list both types. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Archstone Medical Center is a really nice complex. I've had friends who lived there, and didn't hear any complaints about it. It's also convenient to the light rail, which goes right through the Medical Center itself.

http://www.archstoneapartments.com/

Doesn't take you to the exact site, but if you plug in your information (Texas-Houston-move in date) it should come up. It's certainly a place I'd check out if I had to go back to Houston.

Though if you can find enough people, renting a house is another option. I split a 4BR/3BA house with four other people and ended up paying about $380/month in rent plus utilities. The house itself was about two miles from the medical center, though there are others closer in for a similar price, IIRC.

Best of luck finding a place to live!

Members don't see this ad :)
The MacGregor is pretty much in the med center. In fact, its like half a mile down the road from the pharmacy building. Its really nice but its not cheap.

Thanks everyone. Please provide more places if you have some.