U Kansas in KC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kaos

Web Crawler
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any tidbits of info on this place? I'm curious how people liked it, especially with all the recent changes in the program.

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't apply there and don't know anyone who did. sorry!
Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
i applied and interviewed. i did not have a very positive experience with one of the attendings and the residents seemed a bit irritable... then again this was my impression from a really short visit. what did u think?

i applied and interviewed. i did not have a very positive experience with one of the attendings and the residents seemed a bit irritable... then again this was my impression from a really short visit. what did u think?

I also had a good impression, but didn't have time or money to go back for a second look. I thought the senior residents were great, but the juniors didn't seem too talkative. I didn't get to go to the dinner, but the PD seemed really nice and down to earth. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything more about how things have changed recently with the program, or if anyone had any insight on life in/around KC, especially for someone coming from the East Coast.

It was my first interview of the season and I was too green to ask most of the important questions. The seniors were cool, and were the ones hanging out and talking to us the most. They seem to get good fellowships (one chief is going to UC Davis for plastics). I liked the PD. I didn't arrive in time for the dinner. The hospital itself is nice, is academic enough for me, but I just couldn't guage the happiness of the residents. The juniors that joined later in the day didn't talk too much. The Plaza shopping are was nice enough.

I think I like the program overall, but feel as if I'm missing some info. I think it is simply that I didn't meet enough residents to guage happiness or esprit de corps. The fact that they're on probation doesn't bother me at all.