U Maryland, interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bear2006

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Had anyone heard from UMaryland yet?
I mean those NOT early applicants.
Also, does anyone know if the school look heavy on extracurricular and all those academic unrelated stuff?
Honestly, I don't have any of those, but I have a 3.60 GPA, 94% composite, 89% biology, 99% math, and 97% chemistry.
What are the chances of getting an interview?
I am really nervous~~~:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same boat haven't heard 3.5ish GPA 95 on the PCAT

I haven't heard either. I applied right at the deadline though. As in, not sure if my supp. check would get there in time. I got an email saying they had received my app. and it was under review but nothing after that.

Members don't see this ad :)
they said they arent even going to look at hte applications until the new year. maybe its just taking them some time...

They said they are going to contact us thru email right???

I hear that they will start sending out invitation letters end of Jan.
Good luck...

i called and was told that the comittee would meet next week to review applications and start sending out interview invites by friday 01/19/07 for the first interview date which will be 01/27:scared:

If you went to the open house, UMD explained how much of each part of the application weighs into your overall chances of being accepted.

First , 50% is your pre-interview application.

The other 50% is how you perform on your interview.

They have a sort of rubric system they use and you receive points for different parts of your application such as GPA, PCAT, extra currics, pharmacy experience.

EC alone is about 1/4th to 1/5th of just the pre-interview application.

So to answer your question, overall it doesn't count for all that much, but it's definately a plus.

If you went to the open house, UMD explained how much of each part of the application weighs into your overall chances of being accepted.

First , 50% is your pre-interview application.

The other 50% is how you perform on your interview.

They have a sort of rubric system they use and you receive points for different parts of your application such as GPA, PCAT, extra currics, pharmacy experience.

EC alone is about 1/4th to 1/5th of just the pre-interview application.

So to answer your question, overall it doesn't count for all that much, but it's definately a plus.

But, to be invited, you have to have very good GPA and PCAT. When I took Kaplan course, my science course was taught by UMD student. She told me that those who have low stat (lower than 3.4 and 80 on PCAT) cannot even be invited. Honestly, I won't even be able to be invited for their interview because of my low stat.

I just recieved an email invitation for an interview to UMD-Baltimore for 1/26 or 1/27!