U Maryland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aleviya

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Will anyone be interviewing Feb 23? And can anyone give me any travel advice such as should i rent a car? take a taxi to the school? (I'm from California and Im not so sure about that whole driving in the snow bit :oops: ) How long does it take to get from the school to the airport? Any opinions about the school or the area?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

It usually doesn't snow much this late in the winter here, this winter has just been a little wacky.

From BWI to the school it's about a 25 minute drive with no traffic, much worse with traffic.

Baltimore City certainly isn't the nicest or safest place to be but it isn't that horrible either.

I stayed at hotel a few blocks from the school and walked. It was a nice neighborhood. Much nicer then where I use to live. Haha. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

Will anyone be interviewing Feb 23? And can anyone give me any travel advice such as should i rent a car? take a taxi to the school? (I'm from California and Im not so sure about that whole driving in the snow bit :oops: ) How long does it take to get from the school to the airport? Any opinions about the school or the area?

Thanks!

I interviewed there last year. There's absolutely no need for rental. I took a cab there and I took the light rail on the way back to the airport. Most things are within walking distance and Baltimore's pretty nice. Just don't walk past Martin Luther King, that side of the town's ghetto. Make sure to visit Camden Yard and the National Aquarium!

Hi,

Thanks!

Im from California to and going to be there on the 23rd. Im flying in from Sacramento on Thurs night and staying with a friend who is going to help me get to the interview. Good advice so far, if you pick a hotel in the inner harbor, the school and anywhere else you need to go is within walking distance. A taxi is maybe 25 from the airport which isn't too bad. Maybe we will meet up, Good luck:thumbup:

Thanks for the advice! Kernal, hope to see you there.

i interviewed early february. stay at marriot or holiday inn, it's literally 10 minute walking distance from the school. and ask for corporate discount like they tell you to do on their interview invite. also, take super shuttle from the airport--it's much cheaper than a cab. it's only 12 dollars. the shuttle also picks you up from the hotel to the airport, it comes every 30-45 min. it'll save you a lot of money that way so you aren't spending a fortune on cab fare.
by far, U of M was my favorite. Interviews are long, but I had a lot of fun talking to all the interviewers.

I have an interview at UM on the 23rd too!! afternoon session. see you there!!

and def dont rent a car, you will get lost :p

To those that interviewed today, how did it go/how many people there? Any news on when we would find out if accepted. I heard that the adcom is meeting next week and letters would go out the following.

Did they say anything today?

I thought my interview went really well. I was there for the afternoon session; there were about 25 ppl there. The girl that did the intro told us that they were hoping to make decisions by the 2nd week of March and she would email us ASAP. So hopefully not too much longer!! You will only get an email if you get accepted or put on the waitlist. You will get a letter a few days later if you get rejected.

I also interviewed Feb 23 in the afternoon. I was least impressed by this program, which was my fourth and last interview. First, the presentation was done by someone in Student Affairs, not a faculty member. I am accustomed to hearing from an actual pharmacist how great the school is. Second, there was no tour of either the building or the campus. Third, my interviewer seemed to know nothing about me. Maybe this was their strategy, that they don't want grades or any prior knowledge to bias the interviewer. However, I don't think it is efficient. In my responses to her questions, I basically ended up repeating a lot of information from my PharmCAS app. I was able to provide more in depth information about me in interviews where the interviewers took the time to read over my application. I have already gotten in to schools I was more impressed with, so even if accepted I won't attend U Maryland.

I just accepted to U of Maryland day!!!! Check your emails ppl :D

I just got my acceptance letter by email too.

Praise the Lord!!!!!1

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got mine also, that was fast.

Great Job everyone!!!

Got my acceptance letter this afternoon as well. So excited!! And I decided to go to UMB, any one are planning there, see u at the summer. And I am an international student with no green card. I just got turned down by UMN, thought I had no hope. But I have to turn my finacial support to them.

I also got my Maryland acceptance today! I am very excited, congrats everyone!

Same here! From out of state...so still waiting on my other schools...but who knows, I might end up in Baltimore. Congrats to all those that got in!

Congrats to everyone who got in yesterday!! There is a facebook group for our class -- Maryland Pharmacy Class of 2011. You all should join! :)

Congrats to everyone who got in yesterday!! There is a facebook group for our class -- Maryland Pharmacy Class of 2011. You all should join! :)
How can one locate the facebook?

It took me a while to find it too. But finally I got it. you need to go to my group, and search for maryland pharmacy, it will come up with several years of class, and chose the class 2011. I am that asian girl.:D

It took me a while to find it too. But finally I got it. you need to go to my group, and search for maryland pharmacy, it will come up with several years of class, and chose the class 2011. I am that asian girl.:D

Lol hey Miceheart - what do we do then since we're BOTH asian girls :p
Congrats to you! hehe

At the Maryland interview, did anyone encounter interviewers who appeared to have read over your file already?

Or were you like me, where they seemed to know nothing about me?

At the Maryland interview, did anyone encounter interviewers who appeared to have read over your file already?

Or were you like me, where they seemed to know nothing about me?

Both my faculty member and the student that interviewed me one-on-one had a sheet of paper with a summary of my GPA, PCAT, application, andwhat I think was a summary of my personal statement. My faculty member even said that stuff on this paper doesn't say enough about me, and asked me tell him about myself.

Both my faculty member and the student that interviewed me one-on-one had a sheet of paper with a summary of my GPA, PCAT, application, andwhat I think was a summary of my personal statement. My faculty member even said that stuff on this paper doesn't say enough about me, and asked me tell him about myself.

same for me. i think his name was Dr.Palumbo?

Hi everyone =) Looks like we all might be classmates! I'm from California, so it'll be real exciting to meet new people. Can't wait!

just got an interview request today..quite late in the game I should say

I got an acceptance email yesterday too! :)
But, I will be declining because I'm going to UNC, so there is one more spot that will be opening up for you guys that have not heard back yet!

Congratulations to those that were accepted! :clap:
Good Luck to those that are still waiting! :luck: