aleviya

10+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Hi,

Will anyone be interviewing Feb 23? And can anyone give me any travel advice such as should i rent a car? take a taxi to the school? (I'm from California and Im not so sure about that whole driving in the snow bit :oops: ) How long does it take to get from the school to the airport? Any opinions about the school or the area?

Thanks!

Saladfingers

Mr. Fingers
10+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2006
Ellicott City, Maryland
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
It usually doesn't snow much this late in the winter here, this winter has just been a little wacky.

From BWI to the school it's about a 25 minute drive with no traffic, much worse with traffic.

Baltimore City certainly isn't the nicest or safest place to be but it isn't that horrible either.

Hosstheboss

10+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I stayed at hotel a few blocks from the school and walked. It was a nice neighborhood. Much nicer then where I use to live. Haha. Good luck.

About the Ads

eddavatar

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Hi,

Will anyone be interviewing Feb 23? And can anyone give me any travel advice such as should i rent a car? take a taxi to the school? (I'm from California and Im not so sure about that whole driving in the snow bit :oops: ) How long does it take to get from the school to the airport? Any opinions about the school or the area?

Thanks!

I interviewed there last year. There's absolutely no need for rental. I took a cab there and I took the light rail on the way back to the airport. Most things are within walking distance and Baltimore's pretty nice. Just don't walk past Martin Luther King, that side of the town's ghetto. Make sure to visit Camden Yard and the National Aquarium!

The Kernal

10+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2006
Sacramento, CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Hi,

Thanks!

Im from California to and going to be there on the 23rd. Im flying in from Sacramento on Thurs night and staying with a friend who is going to help me get to the interview. Good advice so far, if you pick a hotel in the inner harbor, the school and anywhere else you need to go is within walking distance. A taxi is maybe 25 from the airport which isn't too bad. Maybe we will meet up, Good luck:thumbup:

yedge

10+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
i interviewed early february. stay at marriot or holiday inn, it's literally 10 minute walking distance from the school. and ask for corporate discount like they tell you to do on their interview invite. also, take super shuttle from the airport--it's much cheaper than a cab. it's only 12 dollars. the shuttle also picks you up from the hotel to the airport, it comes every 30-45 min. it'll save you a lot of money that way so you aren't spending a fortune on cab fare.
by far, U of M was my favorite. Interviews are long, but I had a lot of fun talking to all the interviewers.

Terp

10+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I have an interview at UM on the 23rd too!! afternoon session. see you there!!

and def dont rent a car, you will get lost :p

PursueYRDream

10+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
To those that interviewed today, how did it go/how many people there? Any news on when we would find out if accepted. I heard that the adcom is meeting next week and letters would go out the following.

Did they say anything today?

Terp

10+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I thought my interview went really well. I was there for the afternoon session; there were about 25 ppl there. The girl that did the intro told us that they were hoping to make decisions by the 2nd week of March and she would email us ASAP. So hopefully not too much longer!! You will only get an email if you get accepted or put on the waitlist. You will get a letter a few days later if you get rejected.

futuredruggist

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 29, 2006
California
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I also interviewed Feb 23 in the afternoon. I was least impressed by this program, which was my fourth and last interview. First, the presentation was done by someone in Student Affairs, not a faculty member. I am accustomed to hearing from an actual pharmacist how great the school is. Second, there was no tour of either the building or the campus. Third, my interviewer seemed to know nothing about me. Maybe this was their strategy, that they don't want grades or any prior knowledge to bias the interviewer. However, I don't think it is efficient. In my responses to her questions, I basically ended up repeating a lot of information from my PharmCAS app. I was able to provide more in depth information about me in interviews where the interviewers took the time to read over my application. I have already gotten in to schools I was more impressed with, so even if accepted I won't attend U Maryland.

Tikristi

10+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I just got my acceptance letter by email too.

Praise the Lord!!!!!1

About the Ads

miceheart

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2006
Got my acceptance letter this afternoon as well. So excited!! And I decided to go to UMB, any one are planning there, see u at the summer. And I am an international student with no green card. I just got turned down by UMN, thought I had no hope. But I have to turn my finacial support to them.

terpgrl

10+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I also got my Maryland acceptance today! I am very excited, congrats everyone!

duniya

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2006
Status (Visible)
Same here! From out of state...so still waiting on my other schools...but who knows, I might end up in Baltimore. Congrats to all those that got in!

avpharm

10+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Congrats to everyone who got in yesterday!! There is a facebook group for our class -- Maryland Pharmacy Class of 2011. You all should join! :)

miceheart

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2006
It took me a while to find it too. But finally I got it. you need to go to my group, and search for maryland pharmacy, it will come up with several years of class, and chose the class 2011. I am that asian girl.:D

Utterdevotion

Hopeful future pharmacist
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2006
Maryland
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
It took me a while to find it too. But finally I got it. you need to go to my group, and search for maryland pharmacy, it will come up with several years of class, and chose the class 2011. I am that asian girl.:D

Lol hey Miceheart - what do we do then since we're BOTH asian girls :p
Congrats to you! hehe

futuredruggist

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 29, 2006
California
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
At the Maryland interview, did anyone encounter interviewers who appeared to have read over your file already?

Or were you like me, where they seemed to know nothing about me?

Utterdevotion

Hopeful future pharmacist
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2006
Maryland
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
At the Maryland interview, did anyone encounter interviewers who appeared to have read over your file already?

Or were you like me, where they seemed to know nothing about me?

Both my faculty member and the student that interviewed me one-on-one had a sheet of paper with a summary of my GPA, PCAT, application, andwhat I think was a summary of my personal statement. My faculty member even said that stuff on this paper doesn't say enough about me, and asked me tell him about myself.

Vr6

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Both my faculty member and the student that interviewed me one-on-one had a sheet of paper with a summary of my GPA, PCAT, application, andwhat I think was a summary of my personal statement. My faculty member even said that stuff on this paper doesn't say enough about me, and asked me tell him about myself.

same for me. i think his name was Dr.Palumbo?

binghamkid

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2007
Status (Visible)
Hi everyone =) Looks like we all might be classmates! I'm from California, so it'll be real exciting to meet new people. Can't wait!

MuraRX

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I got an acceptance email yesterday too! :)
But, I will be declining because I'm going to UNC, so there is one more spot that will be opening up for you guys that have not heard back yet!

Congratulations to those that were accepted! :clap:
Good Luck to those that are still waiting! :luck:

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.