scumbagderm

10+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2008
Status
Medical Student
For those of you who were at U-Mich this past weekend: any thoughts about it?

I personally loved the program :love:. Those interviews were interesting though (we had a marathon of 10+ 10 minute interviews back to back).

dermie09

10+ Year Member
Oct 24, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
For those of you who were at U-Mich this past weekend: any thoughts about it?

I personally loved the program :love:. Those interviews were interesting though (we had a marathon of 10+ 10 minute interviews back to back).
This is typical of derm interviews -- not uncommon to interview with the whole dept and only have 10 to 15 min each.

OP
S

scumbagderm

10+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2008
Status
Medical Student
what were the interviews like? did you have to explain "why derm" in all ten?
i think only one person asked me that question. Most of the interviews were just conversations. I did get asked a lot about why I applied there, did I have any questions about the program, ect. It was much more laid back than I was expecting.

dermapplicant

10+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2008
Status
I guess the one thing that surprised me was the male:female ratio. I'm not sure of the exact number but it seemed to approach 1:1. Didn't think that was typical for derm, you think it is program specific, or are the demographics of applicants changing....

OP
S

scumbagderm

10+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2008
Status
Medical Student
I was surprised with that too. I think they gave some leeway to the male applicants so that men could be well represented in their program.

Didn't ya'll know: its easier to match derm if you're a guy.