U-Mich interview: thoughts anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scumbagderm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who were at U-Mich this past weekend: any thoughts about it?

I personally loved the program :love:. Those interviews were interesting though (we had a marathon of 10+ 10 minute interviews back to back).

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you who were at U-Mich this past weekend: any thoughts about it?

I personally loved the program :love:. Those interviews were interesting though (we had a marathon of 10+ 10 minute interviews back to back).
This is typical of derm interviews -- not uncommon to interview with the whole dept and only have 10 to 15 min each.

what were the interviews like? did you have to explain "why derm" in all ten?

Members don't see this ad :)
what were the interviews like? did you have to explain "why derm" in all ten?

i think only one person asked me that question. Most of the interviews were just conversations. I did get asked a lot about why I applied there, did I have any questions about the program, ect. It was much more laid back than I was expecting.

I guess the one thing that surprised me was the male:female ratio. I'm not sure of the exact number but it seemed to approach 1:1. Didn't think that was typical for derm, you think it is program specific, or are the demographics of applicants changing....

I was surprised with that too. I think they gave some leeway to the male applicants so that men could be well represented in their program.

Didn't ya'll know: its easier to match derm if you're a guy.