U of C

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bluechocopup

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,
I just received a little note from U of C that said nothing other than 'good luck with the match' and a little box of chocolates (with two pieces of chocolate). (Scholes: I just returned from a long weekend of second looks, and it looks like they were sent on Thursday the 9th).
Have a lot of people been getting these? Does anyone know if it actually means anything? Obviously I am not going to be reading too much into it since all it said was 'Good luck with the match' but I was just curious to see what others thought. I'd appreciate any input.
 
i got two celery sticks with a note that said "good luck with the match, fat ass"

so i guess yours sounds like better news to me

i heard last year that they sent them to pretty much every applicant, so although it isnt a bad thing to get it, i wouldnt go become a white sox fan just yet
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also got one - wish it did mean something, but I rather doubt it. Nice surprise though. 🙂
 
Got the same thing - was hoping it meant more. But the chocolate was good.
 
I too was a recipient of the chocolate. Anyone interview at U of C who HAS NOT rec'd chocolate ?? 😕
 
besides the chocolate has anyone had any other letters, etc from u of c since their interview?
 
nada. i even emailed the PD to express my interest in the program and didn't get a reply. i'm just gonna assume they're inundated with emails of that sort and just don't have time to reply and that it's not a reflection of where I stand on their rank list ?? 4 weeks from tomorrow all this madness will be over...