U of Chicago/ Northwestern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Allerian1004

Practicing Vampire
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone who is applying right now for residency still waiting to hear from them? I had everything but the MPSE turned in by 9/1.

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone who is applying right now for residency still waiting to hear from them? I had everything but the MPSE turned in by 9/1.

I just got a letter early on from NW that said they were waiting for my Dean's letter. Haven't heard anything from UC.

I got a letter from NW saying they were waiting for my Dean's Letter too. Didn't apply to UC.

Members don't see this ad :)
I, like others who have already responded, applied to both. And like the others, NW said they are waiting on the MSPE and haven't heard a peep from U Chicago. Good luck everyone!

I have applied to both and NW told me they are waiting on mspe while U of C gave me an interview sometime mid last week. Good luck to all!

I have applied to both and NW told me they are waiting on mspe while U of C gave me an interview sometime mid last week. Good luck to all!

same here. also, i'm learning that though some places seem to fill up their interview days very quickly, there have been other programs who have invited me 2 weeks after they sent out their first invites (per sdn threads :)) and all of their dates are still available...so don't worry :D

Got excited when I saw an email from
UC this morning... But it was just an email about two of their new 4 year tracks that you can also apply for.

I applied to both. I got the intial email from NW, but then i also got invited about 1-2 weeks later. Got invited to U of Chi too. I think U of Chi has offered a decent amount of their interviews (~50%???) but I think NW has offered very few thus far. (~20%???).

In my invite from NW they asked me to schedule my interview in the first 2 weeks of november. If they are waiting for the MSPE, which is released Nov 1, it would be difficult to arrange time off and book travel those first 2 weeks, so I think they offer just enough interviews to fill up some of those interview days.

"Our interviews generally begin in November after we have received Dean's Letters. We do, however, have the ability to schedule interviews earlier in the season for those applicants who have been positively reviewed. We would strongly encourage you to schedule an interview with our program during the first two weeks of November"

They interview thru late january. So in order to offer enough spots to completely fill the first 2 weeks (or 1/6 of the interview season) they would theoretically need to offer 17% of their interviews pre-MSPE.

This is all conjecture, but hopefully it gives you a realistic picture.

Good Luck!!

Last edited:
Got excited when I saw an email from
UC this morning... But it was just an email about two of their new 4 year tracks that you can also apply for.

Vegas,

I'm pretty sure U of C is going in waves so don't worry. I'm sure it won't be too long before your invite comes too, good luck!

Vegas,

I'm pretty sure U of C is going in waves so don't worry. I'm sure it won't be too long before your invite comes too, good luck!

Thanks G! [sorry, seems weird to type the phrase "thanks giardia" ;)]

These lulls between offers just gets the nerves going, but it's nice to see all the camaraderie on this forum.

Good luck to you as well!