U of Cincinnati Info

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RizKhan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
i have been invited to interview at U.Cincinnati Medical College around March 22nd or so....
If there are any current UC students or people who have interviewed there could give me their opinion of the school, id appreciate it. Also I know my date is kinda late on the interview cycle, what are the chances and when do they fill their class up normally by
thanx

rizwan

Members don't see this ad.

hey, did you receive the invite to interview online at your status check? just wondering. good luck!

I received a letter in the mail........the old fashioned way I guess
what about u?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do a search for Cincinnati and you'll find lots of old threads with some good info.

Good Luck,
Mango MS2

Last year, I interviewed on their last interview day (which was late February). I got accepted off of their alternate list in June. Moral of the story: no matter when you interview, there's always a chance. It's getting invited to an interview that's the hardest part of the process.

i interviewed there last week. they've got some really good facilities. i've been to eight interviews so far and only iowa comes close to u-cinc. they have 16 new practice exam rooms w/ 2 cameras per room, a procedure practice room w/ tons of props and a full-time employee to run it and help you learn the procedures, a starbucks on level one, a lap top is assigned to share between 2 students, study rooms w/ overheads and computers, not to mention the good lighting, and the whole med school is located in 1 bldg. that isn't shared w/ other health schools. check it out. also, all but one student passed the usmle step 1 last year.

To applying - I received my interview invite by phone call Monday morning (2/11).... I was told by Laurie who called me that there are only a few more interview dates left... I declined the interview - hopefully this helps someone else!

I just want to say that Laurie at UC's admissions office is one of the nicest people out there. I called asking about an interview in December on the day before Thanksgiving. She called me back the Monday after and got me one that fit into my already-planned trip to Ohio State.

As for when they fill their class, I don't know how often their adcom meets, buty it took them 6 weeks to decide to accept me, so I imagine that they will still have some spots open.

Well, I interviewed way back at the very beginning of December and received my acceptance letter about 4 weeks ago. It took almost 7 weeks for me to hear anything from them. But, I remember at the interview, they said they were about a month behind than they normally would. So according to when people interviewed last year, they will be interviewing till the near the end of March. But as of right now, I think that everyone is interviewing for a spot on the waitlist. The waitlist does not form until after May 15 and it doesn't matter when you interviewed for the waitlist. But, IMHO, UC's waitlist will not have as much movement as it has had in the past.