U of M vs. MSU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eric k

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is my first post, how exciting!

I am 3rd yr highly considering PM&R and would like some info and possible comparison on the respective programs from MSU and U of M (michigan not minnesota, hay). Please feel free to comment on any of the following and anything more...

Didactics
Faculty
Inpatient/Outpatient experience
Fellowships
Enjoying experience

Also, I am working on scheduling out rotations at these programs....are 2 weeks enough to show your face?

Finally, since I am DO student and want to practice in Michigan do I apply for the residency and intern spots at the same time?

thanks!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Don't know much about MSU, but Univ of Michigan is widely considered a very good program with a strong national reputation. As for matching, you would do a rotating osteopathic internship and apply for a PGY-2 slot at U of M. They are very DO friendly!

erik k,

check out the reviews at scutwork.com. also do a search on the UofM program here at SDN, and you will find many comments.

I applied to MSU last year but did not get an interview, as it seems that they filled ALL of their spots outside of the match, and did not invite anybody to interview at all last year. The review on scutwork is quite good.

UofM is a great program. I matched there. awesome spine, pain, and EMG training, with fellowships available in interventional spine and pain.

They teach OMM to the residents, and use OMM in the spine program and fellowship. Your OMM skills would be valued there.

Ann Arbor is a cool city without big city problems.

feel free to PM me for more.

regards!