U of Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sdboy

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know a lot about this program? Care to tell us what you know or think? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Interviewed there, liked it a lot. Good schedule, seemed like a huge number of great cases. Really not too many things in the minus column from my perspective. It's a really big program for sure. It's midwest, but at least a college town. They get good candidates, but it didn't feel as competitive as other places I interviewed at. When I was at your stage I was wondering where it fit on the 'tier' scale, and I got varied responses. Everything from a solid program to one of the better in the country. I know that the 'better in the country' comment supposedly came from Dr. Miller himself, but again this is all heresay. I'd definately interview there and see for yourself unless you absolutely cannot handle being in snow or in a college town for another 4 years. (But you've got the BIG HOUSE!)

Also, Michigan is one of the few hospitals that has complete computerized intraoperative records. No paper charting! (you still have to learn how, of course).