U of Michigan

Started by Tulips224
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Tulips224

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,
I was hoping for some opinions about the University of Michigan program. I was unable to talk to the residents as much as I hoped, so I wondered what daily life was like for them. Are they happy there?
 
I'm an intern at U of M and I love the program. Tons of really great supportive faculty, great place to live, great EMR and computerized order entry. As far as weekends go, when I'm on service I work 6 days a week, but I think that's par for the course. Our second year is significantly lighter with only two q4 months. When were you here? We usually have a pretty good showing at dinners and the noon lunch. We had the department holiday party the same time as the interviewee dinner. Anyway ... I'm really happy, like the people I work with, like my job, etc. Hit me with any questions you have.