U of Missouri - Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stormjen

Path PGY
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what's up with this program? I applied to it, and it has not downloaded any of my application materials. I just assumed they were waiting for the Dean's Letter so haven't worried about it. But today I looked at their FREIDA listing, and it now says that they aren't accepting applications for 2005. On the other hand, it says they will be participating in ERAS 2005. I can't believe that I would apply to a program that wasn't accepting applications, so either I just overlooked it, or this is was a recent addition to their FREIDA listing (it was updated a couple weeks ago). Anybody? I know I can contact the program directly, and I will do so, but I'm curious if anyone here knows anything.

Members don't see this ad.

Storm Jen,

I know where you are coming from. I and a couple of my classmates applied to a community program, Scott & White in Temple Texas. So this week I checked Frieda & ERAS and guess what ......Surprise "NOT PARTICIPATING IN ERAS 2005" which I am pretty certain was not there AND CERTAINLY NOT IN BIG RED LETTERS ON ERAS as it is now when this whole stupid thing started.

I emailed the ERAS dudes and dudettes who sent me this today (which ironically I just read)

Contact the programs you are interested in to find out more about their
program, requirements and deadlines. Also, confirm that the program is
participating in ERAS 2005 before sending your application materials to
them via ERAS. Many programs send brochures or have Web pages with
information for prospective applicants. Other sources of information
include the Graduate Medical Education Directory 2004-2005 ("Green
Book"). View the online version of the Green Book known as FREIDA. Also,
a number of research links are available from the ERAS Web site.

Note: It is your responsibility to ensure the program's participation
in ERAS and to meet all eligibility requirements and deadlines of the
programs you select. ERAS does not refund fees because of missed
deadlines, errors in your application, unfulfilled requirements
(including step one), or if a program does not download files that are
transmitted.

Best wishes in your residency search.

Well lady (the one who sent me the email) both ERAS and Frieda didn't say "SHEET" about this when I submitted my app in early Sept. In fact the Frieda Stuff was updated Oct 12, 2005. So I think I did my research (execept talk to them which I'm about to do) but I got screwed.

Okay if I really messed up I'll admit it and accept my spankin'. But not only do I not remember, at least 3 other applicants don't remember which raises my :mad: :mad:

In short, call' em and find the real deal.

Good Luck,
M

Did you call them? I'm not shy, I've called some programs multiple times with only positive consequences! I went to college at UM - Columbia. It's a very nice place to live.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll call them this coming week for sure. Glad to hear it's a nice place, I wasn't sure about that when I applied.

MO downloaded my stuff today. I dont know if they will read it or use it to keep the bottom of their bird cage clean.

Missouri sent me this message. . .

Greetings,

I have received and downloaded your application for our Residency program at the University of Missouri, School of Medicine. We appreciate your interest in our program. However, at this time we are still waiting for approval for three new resident positions. The approval is at the hospital level, we are hoping to hear something in the next few weeks.

If at any time you would like to have an update on where we are in the process of the approvals please feel free to contact me.

Thank you for your interest and have a wonderful evening.

Yeah, I got that email today too. I translated it thus: "We probably won't be able to offer you an interview but, if we do, it won't be for a few weeks".