U of People MBA vs Quantic EMBA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DizzyJon

PA-C/Doctor of Health Science
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information comparing the two programs? I've searched old threads already. I have been accepted to both and trying to decide which one to do. U of People is $2460 and Quantic is $5500 (scholarship/discount for paying upfront). Quantic required me to do some prep courses while applying. The online platform they use I really like. Can't find any demo of the U of People platform.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any information comparing the two programs? I've searched old threads already. I have been accepted to both and trying to decide which one to do. U of People is $2460 and Quantic is $5500 (scholarship/discount for paying upfront). Quantic required me to do some prep courses while applying. The online platform they use I really like. Can't find any demo of the U of People platform.

Hi DizzyJon. I'm in the same situation trying to decide between both. My analysis is the following:

UoPeople: Pros:
1. The UoPeople platform does seem more structured and tailored to a real online educational platform.
2. UoPeople received WASC accreditation eligibility! The WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) is a regional accrediting agency. University of the People has applied for Eligibility to become accredited by their commission. WSCUC reviewed UoPeople’s eligibility application and determined that the institution is eligible to proceed with an Application for Accreditation. This would put the university at the same level as any other regionally accredited university on the west coast (Stanford, UCLA, etc).
3. Cost
4. Nationally accredited by DEAC which is recognized by the US Department of Education.

UoPeople: Cons:
1. One disadvantage I find for the UoPeople is the name. I wish it had a different name. The current name does not inspire credibility.
2. I'm not too keen on the fact that students get to review each other on each lesson and this counts as part of the final grade for each class.

Quantic: Pros:
1. I too really liked the online interactive platform that Quantic uses.
2. The program is very selective and only admits 7% of applicants coming from top undergraduate and graduate schools.
3. Those accepted to the EMBA have top experience in their fields.
4. The student / alumni network seems a lot more professional, serious and active.
5. The school organizes student meet ups throughout the year.
6. Overall the program seems a lot more acceptable by employers than others.
7. They recently received national accreditation though DEAC which is recognized by the US Department of Education.

Quantic: Cons:
1. Not regionally accredited nor have they received regional accreditation "eligibility" by any regional accrediting agency. This may happen in the future. It's still too soon.
2. The cost for their EMBA is higher than the MBA at UoPeople.

It's going to be a tough choice. I like the structure of UoPeople but don't like a few other things about them. I'm still inclined towards Quantic......

What have you decided?

Last edited:
I was accepted to both program. Day one of class with UofPeople I reviewed the syllabus and coursework....it was just paper, paper, paper, project, discussion board, paper, paper, paper...and so on. I don't want to do a program that is just turning in a paper week after week and discussion board postings. It was a major turn off. I also don't like the name.

Quantic is my choice. I decided to hold off on starting the MBA/EMBA for now. I'm going to give it a few months and solidify my choice before starting perhaps in January.