U of T Houston Basic Science Course vs Stanford Course

Started by eye dude
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

eye dude

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you guys have any inputs on these courses, how helpful are they ? and which one do you recommend?
 
I did the UT Houston course. Lectures were above average for the most part, although some were below average (cornea and retina). Optics with Dr. Guyten was amazing. Not sure how expensive the Stanford course is but I believe the Houston course is cheaper, and living in Houston for a month will likely be cheaper as well. Have heard good things about the Stanford course but no personal experience.
 
I did the UT Houston course. Lectures were above average for the most part, although some were below average (cornea and retina). Optics with Dr. Guyten was amazing. Not sure how expensive the Stanford course is but I believe the Houston course is cheaper, and living in Houston for a month will likely be cheaper as well. Have heard good things about the Stanford course but no personal experience.

Thanks Mstaking 👍 ,, waiting for more inputs 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Stanford course was excellent. Good wet labs and optics labs and overall good lectures. Plus Palo Alto in July is hard to beat. My coresidents and I rented a big house within biking distance....it was a great month.
 
Stanford course was excellent. Good wet labs and optics labs and overall good lectures. Plus Palo Alto in July is hard to beat. My coresidents and I rented a big house within biking distance....it was a great month.

Sounds good ,,, thanks 🙂