U of Viriginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Renovar

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts?

Is it a good program? Worthwhile for an interview trip?

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Thewonderer
yes! :clap:

Yo punk! Did you go there already?

Just got the greenlight from their international dept regarding US grads and visas, so thinking about scheduling it in December, but hate to make a trip if it's not worth it, u know what i mean... :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Nay, decided not to go. They were not very clear regarding the policy when I responded.

I might be able to live in Charlottesville for 3 years but not 5 years. Charlottesville is supposedly a beautiful place; it is at the bottom of the Apalachian mountain range. It is also only 2 hours away from D.C. So if you go there, be sure to make some friends in D.C. so you can chill over there.

Their medicine dept definitely overpowers their psych dept.

Originally posted by Thewonderer
Nay, decided not to go. They were not very clear regarding the policy when I responded.

I might be able to live in Charlottesville for 3 years but not 5 years. Charlottesville is supposedly a beautiful place; it is at the bottom of the Apalachian mountain range. It is also only 2 hours away from D.C. So if you go there, be sure to make some friends in D.C. so you can chill over there.

Their medicine dept definitely overpowers their psych dept.

Does that mean their psych department is so-so? or does it mean their IM is actually legit? Or some of both? :) Makes me wonder why in the world do they even have a combined program if this is the case.

Lots of people in my class are looking there so I figure what the hell.... went ahead and scheduled it, have a couple free days in December anyways...

It is hard to have equally good medicine and psych depts. That balance is very difficult to find.

I believe that UVA does have a strong, intense IM program.

UVA is one of the best medicine programs in the country, not mention that it is in one of the most beautiful parts of the country. Their residents were some of the nicest and smartest people that I met along the interview trail last year. The medicine department is one of the best departments at the institution (i.e., they do not get pushed around by the surgery programs). Their residents get top fellowships every year, including cards at Cleveland Clinic, Texas Heart, and Hopkins over the last couple of years.

If you want a great education, wonderful place to work and play, and a successful future, then UVA should definitely be at the top of your list!

Originally posted by handsports
UVA is one of the best medicine programs in the country, not mention that it is in one of the most beautiful parts of the country. Their residents were some of the nicest and smartest people that I met along the interview trail last year. The medicine department is one of the best departments at the institution (i.e., they do not get pushed around by the surgery programs). Their residents get top fellowships every year, including cards at Cleveland Clinic, Texas Heart, and Hopkins over the last couple of years.

If you want a great education, wonderful place to work and play, and a successful future, then UVA should definitely be at the top of your list!

Thx for your input. That's some very loft praise. Sounds like a great place to check out for me.

Check your PM.