U Penn Dental

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MSZ

MSZ
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had a quick question about U Penn's scholarship. I hear that they offer a Dean's Merit Scholarship to those who have a good GPA, DAT, etc. However, I've heard that they are reluctant to tell you until after you accept. Is anyone familiar with this?

Any help would be great :).

~Marisa

Members don't see this ad.

If you get the Dean's Scholarship, you are usually notified with your acceptance letter. I have heard they offer it after acceptance if people who are award the scholarship turn down Penn.

Thanks for your help. I heard different things so I was unsure.

Members don't see this ad :)
msz..did you get accepted? im from illinois and i noticed that u penn took in ONE student from illinois last year..

joooj86 said:
msz..did you get accepted? im from illinois and i noticed that u penn took in ONE student from illinois last year..

Chances are that msz is applying this cycle - the figures you are quoting are for the current DS1 students at Penn and as such msz would not be one of them. Penn is in the middle of their admissions process and probably haven't filled all of their seats yet. Furthermore, they could have accepted a lot of Illinois applicants but only one took them up on their offer. :)

Sprgrover is right. I am applying this spring, so I have not been accepted. I was just curious about their Dean's Merit Scholarship. I've heard different things and it seemed appealing, but also unlikely (for instance, who knows how many applicants really get offered this), but I was just thinking about it. Sprgrover, are you enjoying U Penn? I've heard good things and it's definitley on my list :).

MSZ said:
...Sprgrover, are you enjoying U Penn? I've heard good things and it's definitley on my list :).

Hehe, yah, from Orlando :D . I'll be there this fall. As far as the number of scholarships recipients it works out to about ~25% of the class (pretty good odds).