U Pitt Experience...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scientist1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone out there who went to Pitt or is currently at Pitt could you please talk about your experience there at the school??

Members don't see this ad.

Even I am looking forward to hear something.........
Students at U pitt please respond!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess no one goes there....

Hello Scientist1,

Are u in pittsburgh?
I am an out of state student, I had a few questions........
Just wanted to know if you could help!!

Thanks.

No, I'm not in pittsburgh. But thinking of going there. what are your questions?

I just had few queries about the parking opyions at Pitt, but today I got a chance to talk to the U pitt office of parking and transportation and I guess its pretty much solved!!
Anyways, So what are you doing? How are u spending time before school starts? Are you excited?

I'm a student at PITT, what would you like the know about....the school, the city...what...???

I like to know about the school. are you happy going there? how are the students and education? is it pretty organized? etc.

Your question is really very general...I can say I like going to pitt, but there have been times I have wanted to shoot myself. The students are unique to every class. My class has about 25/85 "gunners" and the rest of us do strong enough work so that the means on most tests are in the high 80's and generally do not dip very much. However, the class above me and below me seems to have a very relaxed student body. I hear the means on their tests are usually in the 70's and quite frequently dip. Is it organized? Well, most classes are very organized with packets and a very clear outline of what you need to study, but then you will have classes you have absoutly no clue as to what is going on. The sim clinic is wonderful. In my opinion it stands out above the rest, and I saw a few during my interview days. The city has its good points and its bad. The winter is nice at first. The snow is a welcoming change from the humid summers, but by about the 4th month with dirty snow on the ground and -10 degree wind factors you pray for the 1 or 2 days in the spring with sunshine and blue skies. In terms of the education, well, you start off slow your first semester and then bend over until after boards. It seems like for most of my first two years I was in class ALL day, then did pre-clinic work THEN studied till all hours of the night and woke up to do it again...THANK GOD Im a 3rd year now!!! I feel like Im starting to ramble now....Hmmmmm...I guess all I can say is Dental school is what YOU make of it. Yes the grass always seems greener somewhere else but believe me, everyone is going through the same ****! Put your time in, learn the skills, get help if you are struggling. There will always be uperclassmen willing to help, because we have all been there and know what you are going through. Do not look to admin for help, they cause more problems than they solve...Always go to students that you know are good and find those few dental faculty that you have a good repoir with. You will have fun at Pitt, you will shed tears at Pitt, You will take it in the A at Pitt, but looking back I am happy I chose this school...Hope this helps

Thats a ton of a help!!

Will surely come up with a few more queries though!!

Thanks a lot!!