U.S. will break up

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BMBiology

temporarily banned~!
Removed
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Damnit, just when I started to make money:

Russian Professor Says U.S. Will Break Up After Economic Crisis

By Robin Stringer

Nov. 24 (Bloomberg) -- A professor at the diplomatic academy of Russia's Ministry of Foreign Affairs said the U.S. will break into six parts because of the nation's financial crisis.

"The dollar isn't secured by anything," Igor Panarin said in an interview transcribed by Russian newspaper Izvestia today. "The country's foreign debt has grown like an avalanche; this is a pyramid, which has to collapse."

Panarin said in the interview that the financial crisis will worsen, unemployment will rise and people will lose their savings -- factors that will cause the country's breakup.

"Dissatisfaction is growing, and it is only being held back at the moment by the elections, and the hope" that President- elect Barack Obama "can work miracles," he said. "But when spring comes, it will be clear that there are no miracles."

The U.S. will fracture into six parts: the Pacific coast; the South; Texas; the Atlantic coast, central states and the northern states.

"Now we will see a change to the regulatory system on a global financial scale: America will cease to be the world's regulator," to be replaced by China and Russia, he said.

To contact the reporter on this story: Robin Stringer in New York at [email protected].

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=a3sayDZz.QKc&refer=us

Members don't see this ad.

Territorial break up? Faltering currency? People losing their life savings?

You sure this guy wasn't talking about his own country?

Damnit, just when I started to make money:

Russian Professor Says U.S. Will Break Up After Economic Crisis

By Robin Stringer

Nov. 24 (Bloomberg) -- A professor at the diplomatic academy of Russia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs said the U.S. will break into six parts because of the nation’s financial crisis.

“The dollar isn’t secured by anything,” Igor Panarin said in an interview transcribed by Russian newspaper Izvestia today. “The country’s foreign debt has grown like an avalanche; this is a pyramid, which has to collapse.”

Panarin said in the interview that the financial crisis will worsen, unemployment will rise and people will lose their savings -- factors that will cause the country’s breakup.

“Dissatisfaction is growing, and it is only being held back at the moment by the elections, and the hope” that President- elect Barack Obama “can work miracles,” he said. “But when spring comes, it will be clear that there are no miracles.”

The U.S. will fracture into six parts: the Pacific coast; the South; Texas; the Atlantic coast, central states and the northern states.

“Now we will see a change to the regulatory system on a global financial scale: America will cease to be the world’s regulator,” to be replaced by China and Russia, he said.

To contact the reporter on this story: Robin Stringer in New York at [email protected].

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=a3sayDZz.QKc&refer=us

It's a matter of time when China will take BACK Siberia from Russia. That's damn sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
Best news I heard! Great..we can finally get rid of New England states.. Heck, Vermont has been wanting to leave the union any ways.

We can finally keep Texas HS athletes in the Texas nation :thumbup:

Y'all stay out. We're armed and ready to fight.

Best news I heard! Great..we can finally get rid of New England states.. Heck, Vermont has been wanting to leave the union any ways.

We can finally keep Texas HS athletes in the Texas nation :thumbup:

Y'all stay out. We're armed and ready to fight.

Shoot, we're giving you guys back to Mexico......

Hmm... I wonder what happens to California. Cali has the most money I believe.

I hope that new york state can get rid of new york city and make themselves their own entity, theres enough people. I'm tired of my taxes going down state.:thumbdown:

i do like the fact that the russians named themselves a super power:laugh:. Thats a joke, their economy is worse since it depends on the oil market. If america crumbles, the world goes back to the stone age.

Members don't see this ad :)
At least our nukes are paid off. Got that Vlad?

At least our nukes are paid off. Got that Vlad?

Oh God.. WWIII will be devastating. Sad that we consider it because it may be the only way to get out of the current situation (just as in WWII).

Russia's economy is not doing well. China could perhaps be the next world power. I do agree with that.

However, what would be the benefit of the US breaking up into six regions be? I don't understand this professor's reasoning at all. It seems like a strange theory that I don't understand.

Blame the deficit on a Republican governor. Isn't Bush a compassionate conservative?

Why is God always trying to drown people living in the South?

Last edited:
Blame the deficit on a Republican governor.

No, that's not true! The whole thing started with Gray Davis if I'm not wrong. Gray Davis took California from a surplus to a big deficit. We ousted him, and got Arnold as governor. Arnold is by no means a Republican in the true sense of the word. He's much more like a moderate. If you want to blame things on anyone, blame it on the legislature of California. Our California legislature is overwhelmingly democratic, and has been since 1970. The California State Legislature currently has a Democratic majority, with the Senate consisting of 25 Democrats and 15 Republicans; and the Assembly having 48 Democrats and 32 Republicans. Arnold, being the true moderate that he is, cut spending, and raised taxes. He actually really did cut spending, or tried. Arnold, is more like the middle man trying to mediate things in the middle. California has some unique problems, and one of them being high levels of illegal immigration. Anyway, the democrats in the California legislature are trying to spend us into the ground! That is true unfortunately. . . oh yes, as a side note voters of California passed a huge bond measure for a high speed railway that runs between San Francisco, and LA, if I'm not mistaken. It's going to cost way over 10 billion, and voters approved it. . . why do we need this when we're shutting down public schools due to lack of funding? I think its a great idea, but not now. This is just one example of the reckless spending that goes on in this state. :eek:

No, that's not true!. . . why do we need this when we're shutting down public schools due to lack of funding?

Yes it is true! Arnold raised your tuition! I fully support it. California should not fund any professional education unless s/he practice in the public sector afterward.

California's federal taxes should not go to the South. They like to call us a celebrity but they love our taxes. They love our money.

Yes it is true! Arnold raised your tuition! I fully support it. California should not fund any professional education unless s/he practice in the public sector afterward.

California's federal taxes should not go to the South. They like to call us a celebrity but they love our taxes. They love our money.

Ha,ha, you took what I said out of context. You are correct, Arnold had to cut across the board, so unfortunately public schools got cut, including UCSF. I don't think anybody is happy about that :rolleyes: Though the alternative is raising taxes, and California already ranks 4th nationwide in regards to, "Tax Freedom Day." In any case, I don't understand the point you're trying to make here. . .

the way i see it, gray davis was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Energy crisis/enron caused his ouster.

It's a matter of time when China will take BACK Siberia from Russia. That's damn sure.

I doubt China is interested in controlling the entire region of Siberia.

If regions were to break up, they would only do so to form a union with another nation. (we border Mexico and Canada) Most States are too interdependent on one another to risk leaving the Union. The U.S. is still better intact than in pieces.

I doubt China is interested in controlling the entire region of Siberia.

If regions were to break up, they would only do so to form a union with another nation. (we border Mexico and Canada) Most States are too interdependent on one another to risk leaving the Union. The U.S. is still better intact than in pieces.

Why not. It's petroleum rich.

Why not. It's petroleum rich.

I agree entirely. Siberia is petroleum rich and rich in many other natural resources. But for China to gain the entire region of Siberia, there will certainly be war and possibly lead to World War III. (we don't want two countries with nukes to go to war)

I highly doubt China is interested in expanding its territories right now. China gains petroleum and other natural resources by doing what we been doing: get it from other countries. For locations where US refuses to expand to because of human rights issues, China is happy to gain those business opportunities.

So why go to war over a region that is difficult to develop when you can gain the same resources through somewhat peaceful business contracts.

No offense to the rest of the "West Coast", but ain't no way AK is joining with the rest of the coastal states... That ruskie offends me. We want our own territory.

rant about California's legislature
Want to know why you're wrong? Because every spending bill in California has to be passed by a 2/3 goddamn majority. So the two state parties have to hack away and get all their little pet projects before anybody will agree to it. You wind up with a budget that started out ok but then fell out of an ugly tree only to be gang-raped by a pack of hyenas. So while it's convenient to point to the democratic majority and claim it's all their fault, the GOP is just as culpable since they dig their heels in and act obstructionist at the drop of a hat. They then get to claim it's all the democrats' fault. Well done idiots, the lot of you!

The failure of California is a combination of the required 2/3 majority on spending bills coupled with the ballot initiative crap.

Texas, here I come!!!!!!

Texas is the worst state ever... Now I see why its so cheap!!! You pay for what you get...

Not only can you go to jail for staring at a cop car, but also, the peoples attitudes are the worst ever!!! Texas.... BOOOOOOOOOO

Texas is the worst state ever... Now I see why its so cheap!!! You pay for what you get...

Not only can you go to jail for staring at a cop car, but also, the peoples attitudes are the worst ever!!! Texas.... BOOOOOOOOOO

You can not even begin to imagine how terrible people's attitudes are in Texas. I can't wait to move out of Houston

ya'll do realize that Texas is the only State that actually can suceed from the Union legally?

hmm...we can keep our athletes, our cattle, and OUR oil and gas and wind power...

everybody that is unhappy can go elsewhere....

yep, sounds like a plan.

might get a little cold and hungry up north, tho.

ya'll do realize that Texas is the only State that actually can suceed from the Union legally?

hmm...we can keep our athletes, our cattle, and OUR oil and gas and wind power...

everybody that is unhappy can go elsewhere....

yep, sounds like a plan.

might get a little cold and hungry up north, tho.

You mean secede? :D