-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
U. Washington
Started by JCdpt
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied last year and didn't hear back until February. But I didn't get in, so I may have been in the last group to hear from them.
Thanks for the response. Would you mind sharing your stats? I already got into a school out east where I'm from, but the thought of moving to Seattle could be fun. I've been neglecting my supplemental essay though and wasn't sure they are on rolling admissions and whether they'd consider me for getting an application in so close to the due date. Don't want to spend the money to submit if there class is already filled.
Thanks again.
They send out all decisions in February.
They do not do rolling admissions. In fact, I was at their open house three weeks ago, and they do not even look at applications until January. The committee only cares if you send in your application before the deadline.Thanks for the response. Would you mind sharing your stats? I already got into a school out east where I'm from, but the thought of moving to Seattle could be fun. I've been neglecting my supplemental essay though and wasn't sure they are on rolling admissions and whether they'd consider me for getting an application in so close to the due date. Don't want to spend the money to submit if there class is already filled.
Thanks again.
They do not do rolling admissions. In fact, I was at their open house three weeks ago, and they do not even look at applications until January.
That's awesome to hear. Since you were there, do you know when their program starts? According to the curriculum, program starts in Fall, but no exact date/info from what I could find. I'm getting married Labor Day weekend, so want to know when I'd need to move lol.
Best of luck to everyone who's applied/applying.
I am from Seattle and I went to UW for undergrad. The program starts the last week of September, and that is the same for undergrad at UW.That's awesome to hear. Since you were there, do you know when their program starts? According to the curriculum, program starts in Fall, but no exact date/info from what I could find. I'm getting married Labor Day weekend, so want to know when I'd need to move lol.
Best of luck to everyone who's applied/applying.
Awesome, thanks again for all the prompt responses.I am from Seattle and I went to UW for undergrad. The program starts the last week of September, and that is the same for undergrad at UW.
Thanks for the response. Would you mind sharing your stats? I already got into a school out east where I'm from, but the thought of moving to Seattle could be fun. I've been neglecting my supplemental essay though and wasn't sure they are on rolling admissions and whether they'd consider me for getting an application in so close to the due date. Don't want to spend the money to submit if there class is already filled.
Thanks again.
Thanks for the response. Would you mind sharing your stats? I already got into a school out east where I'm from, but the thought of moving to Seattle could be fun. I've been neglecting my supplemental essay though and wasn't sure they are on rolling admissions and whether they'd consider me for getting an application in so close to the due date. Don't want to spend the money to submit if there class is already filled.
Thanks again.
University: University of Central Florida
Major: Health Sciences
Cum. GPA: 3.4
PreReq: 3.1
Last 60: 4.0
GRE: 159Q 164V 5.5A
Other schools told me I didn't get in due to my low prereq GPA. U of Washington is extremely competitive as it is ranked something like 2nd in the nation for PT.
If you have a strong GPA I'd say go for it, but know that it's going to cost you around $140 in ptcas, GRE and supp app fees and they primarily take in state applicants. It was worth it to me though! Good luck!
University: University of Central Florida
Major: Health Sciences
Cum. GPA: 3.4
PreReq: 3.1
Last 60: 4.0
GRE: 159Q 164V 5.5A
Other schools told me I didn't get in due to my low prereq GPA. U of Washington is extremely competitive as it is ranked something like 2nd in the nation for PT.
If you have a strong GPA I'd say go for it, but know that it's going to cost you around $140 in ptcas, GRE and supp app fees and they primarily take in state applicants. It was worth it to me though! Good luck!
WOW your GRE scores are way higher than mine..my pre-req GPA is about a 3.8, and hoping the old guy career changer makes a difference...man, this makes it seem impossible! lol.
Thanks again.
WOW your GRE scores are way higher than mine..my pre-req GPA is about a 3.8, and hoping the old guy career changer makes a difference...man, this makes it seem impossible! lol.
Thanks again.
That's a great GPA! Don't be worried. Thank you. Honestly, I've just always been a good test taker. Most people's scores are not that high. I don't mean that in a jerk way, trust me, I'd rather have your GPA! You'll be fine!
That's a great GPA! Don't be worried. Thank you. Honestly, I've just always been a good test taker. Most people's scores are not that high. I don't mean that in a jerk way, trust me, I'd rather have your GPA! You'll be fine!
Thanks...at this point I've already paid so many schools, another one won't kill me. Won't know til I try.
Best of luck to everyone else who's applying for admissions in 2016.
Where did you see that ranking?University: University of Central Florida
Major: Health Sciences
Cum. GPA: 3.4
PreReq: 3.1
Last 60: 4.0
GRE: 159Q 164V 5.5A
Other schools told me I didn't get in due to my low prereq GPA. U of Washington is extremely competitive as it is ranked something like 2nd in the nation for PT.
If you have a strong GPA I'd say go for it, but know that it's going to cost you around $140 in ptcas, GRE and supp app fees and they primarily take in state applicants. It was worth it to me though! Good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Where did you see that ranking?
http://physical-therapy-schools.startclass.com/
I apologize. They were ranked in the top 5 last year via this compilation, but it seems that they have fallen to #18.
Has anyone heard anything yet?
Not yet, but should be in the next couple of weeks!