1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

UAB anybody?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by maksidaa, Dec 9, 2005.

1. maksidaa

maksidaa shaniqua
    7+ Year Member

Has anyone heard a thing from UAB? Should i be glad that i haven't got a rejection letter or paranoid that i haven't at least been wait listed yet?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. hokiedds

hokiedds Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I haven't gotten anything either...doesn't seem like anyone on SDN has heard yet. I suppose its good news that neither of us have gotten a rejection letter yet...at least we still have a chance.

4. FCIllini

FCIllini Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I haven't received anything from them either.

I did speak with Ms. Edwards a few days ago and she said that the committee meets weekly to evaluate current applicants and decide who to mail acceptances to.

Don't lose hope yet.

5. maksidaa

maksidaa shaniqua
    7+ Year Member

hey hokiedds, are you also one of the "third year" applicants? i can't remember if it was you or someone else.

6. hokiedds

hokiedds Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Yeah, I am a third year applicant...are you one too? When did you interview?

7. maksidaa

maksidaa shaniqua
    7+ Year Member

yeah, i technically fall into that third year category cuz i changed my major after a year. i have the hours, just not all in the right places to get a degree. i interviewed in the middle of september. i thought uab was a great school.

8. SpikeyMike83

SpikeyMike83 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

while i'll surely be rejected from UAB, I did call because I'm from Georgia and hadn't heard a darn thing from them. The woman I spoke to said that they have had soo many out of staters this year that it has been hard to decide. She said "it doesn't mean 'NO' ". However, I haven't had an interview. So I imagine that for me, it DOES mean "NO".

9. hokiedds

hokiedds Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I wouldn't give up just yet...even though you don't have an interview yet, you also don't have a rejection letter. Keep workin hard and you'll get in somewhere, if not this year then next year.

10. Tu Pac

Tu Pac New Member

Pre-Dental
    I was there on Dec. 7 and they told me that they had been interviewing about 6 people a week since the last week of August. They had sent out some 28 acceptance letters but had no deposits back to secure those spots. Obviously, not all 28 will accept. They will have a class size of app. 60. They said that they will interview into Feb. or longer if needed to fill the class. To have heard nothing to date is not the end all hope. I applied late, due to poor luck with AADSAS, and hence got a late interview; but, I did hear back from them. They will be off until some time in early Jan. so rest easy for Christmas and know that no one is working on filling the class right now.