[email protected]

10+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2005
Status
I am stuck between two schools. Ole Miss has a very pleasent environment, and I honestly felt at home there. However, they are not as technologically based as UAB.( they don't have simulators for students yet). UAB is in Birmingham...which is a big city and a stressful environment. Their board scores as almost always in the top five. What do I do??? Go to the one with the best overall experience or the best one educationally

ems5184

Denist (future)
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2004
MI
Status
Yea there's no way UAB is in the top 5. They'd be lucky to even make the top 5 in the state of Alabama.

OP
D

[email protected]

10+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2005
Status
ems5184 said:
Yea there's no way UAB is in the top 5. They'd be lucky to even make the top 5 in the state of Alabama.

First of all, they are the only dental school in AL... Secondly, their BOARD scores are in the top five... You NEED TO DO YOUR RESEARCH.....

toofache32

15+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2003
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'm from Mississippi and I would definately say UAB. Birmingham is a lot more fun than Jackson, MS. And it's hardly a stressful or big-city place to live (I lived there for a year). Jackson is just one big armpit.

OP
D

[email protected]

10+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2005
Status
toofache32 said:
I'm from Mississippi and I would definately say UAB. Birmingham is a lot more fun than Jackson, MS. And it's hardly a stressful or big-city place to live (I lived there for a year). Jackson is just one big armpit.

What part of Mississippi are you from?

KY2007

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 1, 2005
Status
I wouldn't base which school I was planning on going to on wheither or not they have simulators. Those things are a waste of money.

toofache32 said:
I'm from Mississippi as well and I don't give their program much credit. I went out of state to TN instead of going there even though it' was a hell of a lot cheaper.

UAB is a very good program, they do get a lot of money towards research and their facilities are top notch. I'd say UAB in a second.

UofM_DMD

10+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2005
Status
i also dont think you should base you decision on someone giving their opinion on two schools they have never attended......just a thought

DrTacoElf

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2004
www.garyseeba.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I was accepted to UAB and although I'm not going there I can say its truly a first rate program. Not a bad word about them ever - I had a hard time saying no...